toggle
devaraj s
Apply changes to previous users after changing portal properties
March 14, 2013 2:54 AM
Answer

devaraj s

Recent Posts

All,
We have set of users in our portal. I wanted apply our custom theme and set of components to his private pages.
I used to set a properties in properties file

default.user.private.layout.template.id=2_columns_iii
default.user.private.layout.column-1=topnews_WAR_LatestNewsportlet

These changes are applying to new users , I wanted to apply these changes to previous users also.

please can anyone help me. How I can make apply changes to both previous and new users private page. I am running liferay 6.1 ce ga2.

Thanks in advance.
Bart Simpson
RE: Apply changes to previous users after changing portal properties
March 14, 2013 3:29 AM
Answer

Bart Simpson

Recent Posts

You'll have to use liferay's api and utilservices to apply changes to the existing users, as you made the change after the user's are created.
devaraj s
March 14, 2013 3:44 AM
Answer

devaraj s

Recent Posts

Bart Simpson:
You'll have to use liferay's api and utilservices to apply changes to the existing users, as you made the change after the user's are created.

Thanks for response, I didnt get your point . please can you brief me how & where I can use liferay api and services.
devaraj s
March 14, 2013 11:32 PM
Answer

devaraj s

Recent Posts

Hi,
As i go throgh the requirement, we need to create a page template first , from there we can add portlets, themes, layouts . if i assign this page template as a user private page I will meet my requiremnt.

My question is here is , where i can use liferay api, Is i want to override create account action:? because my plan is to while user creation itself I will get a created page template and apply to the user. Please some one give me guidence to move forward.
devaraj s
March 18, 2013 11:33 PM
Answer

devaraj s

Recent Posts

Got solution, emoticon , May be the below implementation will help for others who have same requirement.
I used to create a hook by calling modellistener and there i have implemented my code by passing user object in a method onAfterUpdate.