toggle
Thomas Berg
Mix preferences
March 24, 2013 2:25 AM
Answer

Thomas Berg

Recent Posts

Hi,

I would like to be able to set preferences for a portlet using different "storage classes", i.e., some prefs are company-wide while others may be unique-per-layout.
Example: I have a portlet where a URL is shared for all instances but another property for binding a tooltip should be per layout. The preferences are editable from the config-page of the portlet.

Is this possible out of the box or have someone managed to accomplish this in some other way?

Regards
Thomas
Riccardo Ferrari
RE: Mix preferences
March 24, 2013 4:47 AM
Answer

Riccardo Ferrari

Recent Posts

Hi,

I am not sure if you want to have a different preferences owner on portlet basis or a different owner per specific portlet properties (let say prefA company, prefB layout ...)
I would suggest you to check the liferay-portlet-app_<version>.dtd and read the descritpion of:
preferences-company-wide
preferences-unique-per-layout
preferences-owned-by-group
if they fits your scenario, otherwise you should go for a custom solution that could include to have some setting read from a portal preference instead.

Best,
Riccardo
Hitoshi Ozawa
RE: Mix preferences
March 24, 2013 5:58 AM
Answer

Hitoshi Ozawa

Recent Posts

I had a similar requirement and I just created a configuration page within the portlet instead of using the default portlet configuration.