Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
Artur Korol
Cannot remove Message Board/Blog portlets due to Workflow issues
April 10, 2013 3:34 AM
Answer

Artur Korol

Recent Posts

I want to slim Liferay 6.1 GA2 and remove some portlets completely. I prefer to NOT hide portlets in liferay-display.xml but remove. So I did following:

1.) Edited liferay-portlet.xml (included) and added to unneeded portlets sections following line:
<include>false</include>

2.) It worked but than turned out that Custom Fields portlet did not worked. The reason was Message Board/blog portlet used some custom fields. Solution was to commenting lines in Message Board/Blog portlets related to custom fields:

<custom-attributes-display>com.liferay.portlet.messageboards.MBCategoryCustomAttributesDisplay</custom-attributes-display>
<custom-attributes-display>com.liferay.portlet.messageboards.MBMessageCustomAttributesDisplay</custom-attributes-display> -

But ...this is not the end of problems. As later turned out - I cannot register new users. When I register - error related to Workflow (see the picture):

09:35:53,863 ERROR [ajp-bio-8010-exec-6][render_portlet_jsp:154] com.liferay.portal.kernel.workflow.WorkflowException: No workflow handler found for com.liferay.portal.model.User
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.workflow.WorkflowHandlerRegistryUtil.startWorkflowInstance(WorkflowHandlerRegistryUtil.java:100)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.workflow.WorkflowHandlerRegistryUtil.startWorkflowInstance(WorkflowHandlerRegistryUtil.java:163)
at com.liferay.portal.service.impl.UserLocalServiceImpl.addUserWithWorkflow(UserLocalServiceImpl.java:877)

To sum up:
I cannot remove any portlet, which contains following line in liferay-portlet.xml:
<workflow-handler>com.liferay.portlet.directory.workflow.UserWorkflowHandler</workflow-handler>

There are 4 such portlets which I want to remove (Message Board/Blog and 2 others).

Any ideas?
Attachment

Attachments: liferay-portlet.xml (104.6k), wk.gif (76.0k)
mohammad azaruddin
RE: Cannot remove Message Board/Blog portlets due to Workflow issues
December 20, 2013 2:17 AM
Answer

mohammad azaruddin

Recent Posts

Hi i'm facing same issue.....any solution
Artur Korol
RE: Cannot remove Message Board/Blog portlets due to Workflow issues
December 20, 2013 2:33 PM
Answer

Artur Korol

Recent Posts

Hi,

After some test I found out that not every portlet is possible (easily) to remove. There is a few eg. Message Board which are difficult to remove. So I decided to hide some of them.

See included liferay-display.xml and liferay-portlet.xml. There are <include>false</include> in liferay-display.xml for some entries. For some comments were needed to not load Custom Fields. For Message Board (and Wiki if I remember well) did not helped - so I added in liferay-display.xml category.hidden for these.
Attachments: liferay-display.xml (3.0k), liferay-portlet.xml (106.5k)