toggle
Charlie B
Jmeter performance testing
March 5, 2009 6:34 AM
Answer

Charlie B

Recent Posts

Hi,

I want to use Jmeter to do some performance testing. I've got it setup to do a good amount of read only testing, but I'd like to get it to do some admin functionality as well. Specifically i'd be good to get it to be able to add articles / add users etc.. Unfortunately when I record this it seems to be recorded into the plan ok, but when you re-play it the new article does not appear. Does anyone have any tricks to get Jmeter to be able to do this?

Thanks
Juan Gonzalez
RE: Jmeter performance testing
March 5, 2009 11:10 AM
Answer

Juan Gonzalez

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

Any web page have to send parameters in POST or GET HTTP mode, so you will have to debug every parameter sent to the server (and see what URL this information is sent to) when you are clicking your web around.

To do this just get some good web debug plugin. If you are using Firefox you can get the famous "Firebug" plugin which have many tools to see what information are you sending on every click you make. After that you should be able to configure JMeter properly to send the correct parameters and values.

Good luck.
Charlie B
March 6, 2009 9:26 AM
Answer

Charlie B

Recent Posts

The differences between what Firefox sends (top), and what Jmeter sends (bottom) is below. I tried asking on the Jmeter mailing list, but they seemed to think that what Jmeter was sending was perfectly valid, and unsure why Tomcat/Liferay does not accept it.

Firefox:
Content-Disposition: form-data; name="xx1"

Content-Disposition: form-data; name=xx2"

JMeter:
-----------------------------7d159c1302d0y0
Content-Disposition: form-data; name="xx1"
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

-----------------------------7d159c1302d0y0
Content-Disposition: form-data; name="xx2"
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
TOuna Dominique
February 26, 2010 2:04 AM
Answer

TOuna Dominique

Recent Posts

Please,

I have the same problem, i cant log my application with JMeter, could you help me ?