Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
Ben Starr
Reintroduce instance-specific properties feature
March 10, 2009 4:14 PM
Answer

Ben Starr

Recent Posts

Please can the instance-specific properties feature be reintroduced into the main Liferay distribution. For some reason it was removed from version 5.1. It is a really useful feature for customising different instances of the portal and without it I cannot see an alternative way of doing the same thing. I don't really see the benefit of removing it since people who don't want it can simply not use it. See LPS-9. I have had to manually patch my installation to reintroduce it using Marc Champion's port from version 4.3 (thanks Marc!).

Ben
zaheer mohammed saddapalli
RE: Reintroduce instance-specific properties feature
May 20, 2009 6:56 AM
Answer

zaheer mohammed saddapalli

Recent Posts

Ben Starr:
Please can the instance-specific properties feature be reintroduced into the main Liferay distribution. For some reason it was removed from version 5.1. It is a really useful feature for customising different instances of the portal and without it I cannot see an alternative way of doing the same thing. I don't really see the benefit of removing it since people who don't want it can simply not use it. See LPS-9. I have had to manually patch my installation to reintroduce it using Marc Champion's port from version 4.3 (thanks Marc!).

Ben

Hi Ben,

I followed same process for enabling instance specific properties for my Liferay 5.2.1.

Here the problem is its not over-riding the portal specific properties. In detail

I have created 2 additional domains

abc.com and abcd.com

I have created two properties file by the name portal-abc.com.properties and portal-abcd.com.properties.

I made modification ConfigurationImpl.java and PropsUtil.java as per LPS-9.

I don't know why few properties are over-riding and few are not.

Do u have any idea?

With regards,

S Mohammed Zaheer
bhaskar apparao varada
November 3, 2009 10:38 PM
Answer

bhaskar apparao varada

Recent Posts

1I don't know why few properties are over-riding and few are not.

Hi Zaheer con you please tell me which portal.properties you are able to over ride with the instance specific properties file.

If control panel theme is one property it would be great for me.
Lisa Simpson
September 18, 2009 8:41 PM
Answer

Lisa Simpson

Recent Posts