toggle
srikanth b
JVM Error
May 15, 2013 12:46 AM
Answer

srikanth b

Recent Posts

Hi,

I am new to liferay, started running a portlet. Everything was going well, but from couple of days I am getting an "Java Virtual Machine Launcher" error pop up whenever I try to launch the application. When I click on 'ok', It is showing another pop up with the following message "Server Liferay v6.1 CE Server (Tomcat 7) at localhost failed to start.".

I tried to uninstall and reinstall the eclipse and also life ray. But the problem still persists, please anyone help.
Oliver Bayer
RE: JVM Error
May 15, 2013 1:15 AM
Answer

Oliver Bayer

Recent Posts

Hi Srikanth,

can you please post the stacktrace with the detailed exceptions?

Greets Oli
srikanth b
May 15, 2013 2:34 AM
Answer

srikanth b

Recent Posts

Hi Oliver Bayer,

I'm not even getting stack trace. It's just giving me two pop up messages one after the other, as I mentioned in my previous thread. And printing:

"Error occurred during initialization of VM
Could not reserve enough space for object heap"

in the console.
Neil Griffin
May 15, 2013 10:48 AM
Answer

Neil Griffin

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

If you are starting Tomcat from the command line, then the tomcat/bin/setenv.sh (or .bat on windows) script should automatically configure the jvm memory settings.

If you are starting Tomcat from an IDE, then the IDE probably controls the jvm memory settings. For Eclipse and Liferay IDE, you have to right click on the server and then click on "Open" -- after that you can fill in the "Memory args" field of the "Liferay settings" section with something like:
-Xmx1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m