toggle
Sandar Win
Custom user status
May 28, 2013 9:52 PM
Answer

Sandar Win

Recent Posts

Hi

I am using LR CE 6.1 and would like to know how to introduce new status(es) to liferay users. E.g.
Pending - after user has completed the registration.
Declined - set by administrator for some reason, e.g. blacklisted

Can anyone help me out? Thanks!

Sandar
Bart Simpson
RE: Custom user status
May 28, 2013 11:05 PM
Answer

Bart Simpson

Recent Posts

You can add a custom field (Expando) status in user. Additionally you'll need to add hooks to model listener of user and update this newly created field in update method of if. If the administrator can manually edit the field then the model listener hook can be skipped.
If this fits in the requirement I can provide more technical details.
Ankit Kulshrestha
May 29, 2013 2:05 AM
Answer

Ankit Kulshrestha

Recent Posts

Hi Sandar,

I would suggest you Wall portlet which is available under community plugins. You can extend this portlet to match it to your requirements.

Thanks,
Ankit
Sandar Win
May 29, 2013 4:27 PM
Answer

Sandar Win

Recent Posts

Coz I want to reuse the user administration build-in functionality in liferay control panel (such as deactive, impersonate, etc, which are pretty much tied to the status field of User table), I want to elaborate on existing Status field instead of adding custom field.
Currently I have done up to the part where I am able to add user with WorkflowConstants.STATUS_PENDING in my custom registration and can search users according to the status(es) by using the hook to override the user_admin jsp pages. Whats left now is to add the "Declined" action in user management page. Any pointer on how I could achieve that? I probably need to enhance on user_action.jsp, but I have no idea which servlet class it is calling to perform the various struts action.