toggle
Wieteke den Uijl
Call for papers Devcon Berlin
July 11, 2013 7:02 AM
Answer

Wieteke den Uijl

Recent Posts

Hi Liferay-peeps,

I'm looking forward to the first DevCon in Berlin in october and I noticed the Call for Papers for this DevCon. I'm considering sending in a proposal but my experience of last year's symposium was that there is hardly any room in the schedule for non-service partners or non-Liferay staff to give a presentation. The year before there was lots more room in the schedule and this resulted in an interesting program in my opinion.

Looking at the agenda listed so far, I again get the feeling there is little room for non-service partners/liferay staff again so I'm wondering whether it's worth the effort of making a proposal. Does anyone know what the ratio Liferay staff/Service Partners/the rest will be like?
Juan Gonzalez
RE: Call for papers Devcon Berlin
July 11, 2013 11:16 PM
Answer

Juan Gonzalez

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

Hi Wieteke,

I am only experienced in Spanish Symposium. I was the last two years there and make some presentations without being a partner or Liferay staff.

So, yes, there are opportunities. Perhaps the most important thing here is what are you going to do in presentation, if you are doing something different and interesting, etc.
Olaf Kock
RE: Call for papers Devcon Berlin
July 12, 2013 1:09 AM
Answer

Olaf Kock

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

Hi Wieteke,

sorry for the impression that we gave here. We actually have a third room available that is not yet mentioned in the agenda. We intend to use the room as a hackcenter, for workshops or for a third track, based on submissions. Odds are that it'll be a bit of everything: Room for workshops and some presentations in a part-time third track.

I hope to find some time soon to add the third room to the agenda: So far there's nothing scheduled, that's why it doesn't appear.

Olaf