toggle
Aneesh CN
Reg:Creating a new Liferay project
August 7, 2013 3:48 AM
Answer

Aneesh CN

Recent Posts

Hi all,

I have a doubt that by using Liferay portal I downloaded only one person can develop a website but if we are working as a 4 members team. Then how can we work with this portal?

Please reply as soon as possible.
Robert Moloney
RE: Reg:Creating a new Liferay project
August 7, 2013 4:05 AM
Answer

Robert Moloney

Recent Posts

Create a CVS with eclipse and have a Dev instance created .It takes time to get sorted but you can have as many people using it. Just define what people are doing. Always make sure that all of the projects in your CVS are up-to-date i.e. portlets ,themes , as you want everyone to work off the same version.
Sampsa Sohlman
RE: Reg:Creating a new Liferay project
August 7, 2013 5:03 AM
Answer

Sampsa Sohlman

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

Hi Aneesh,

Aneesh CN:
I have a doubt that by using Liferay portal I downloaded only one person can develop a website but if we are working as a 4 members team. Then how can we work with this portal?

Download our latest portal http://www.liferay.com/downloads/liferay-portal/available-releases.

I recommend that you take that which is bundled with tomcat.

That you just have to unzip and go to <bundle root>/tomcat-7.0.27/bin directory and run startup.bat or startup.sh depending of your operating system and take a test drive.

Only one person, can create website with Liferay. No or limited programming experience is required, if you limit you requirements on ready made components and Markeplace stuff.

I recommend that you go through our documentation http://www.liferay.com/documentation/liferay-portal/6.1/user-guide. If you like to get fast track, we also arrange training courses also on your area. As you already know these forums are great source of information.