Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
Adam Montville
Invoicing Portlet
August 25, 2013 4:38 PM
Answer

Adam Montville

Recent Posts

I'd like to find a portlet that can handle invoicing. I think workflow might help, but here's the gist of what I'm looking to do.

A customer provides some information that allows us to provide them with an estimate. They agree to the estimate and we invoice them for 50%. They pay the 50%. We do work. They accept work. We invoice them for the balance. They pay the balance. Life is good.

Anyone have suggestions on how to pull that off with existing code?
Ahmed Hasan
RE: Invoicing Portlet
August 26, 2013 1:12 AM
Answer

Ahmed Hasan

Recent Posts

Hi Adam,

I would suggest you create a custom portlet for this purpose and attach it with workflow (kaleo or activity). The entity will be juggled between the company and the vendor. Also share with me if you have to complete use-case for this requirement, so that i can help you with the most optimal approach.

Yours truly,
Ahamed Hasan
Author, Liferay Portlet Cookbook
Victor Zorin
August 26, 2013 8:05 PM
Answer

Victor Zorin

Recent Posts

Adam Montville:

A customer provides some information that allows us to provide them with an estimate. They agree to the estimate and we invoice them for 50%. They pay the 50%. We do work...Anyone have suggestions on how to pull that off with existing code?

There isn't much that existing code can do in this subject matter, there is portlet described in this post that currently handles a variety of similar implementations with wizard/survey-based quoting (sometimes automated quoting), handling of payment and supporting real-time interactions between customers and business. However this a commercially licensed application.
Joshua Gallows
September 8, 2013 11:42 PM
Answer

Joshua Gallows

Recent Posts

Hi,

Did you scroll the web for possible options? I found Invoicera.com to be one that might go well with your needs. It does estimates, purchase orders, invoicing, invoice scheduling, time tracking, expense tracking and more.
Calvin carl
September 15, 2013 10:46 AM
Answer

Calvin carl

Recent Posts

Hey guys! Any one knows about the best site for online invoicing, I think I know " FetchFlow " is the best site which make online invoicing and re new the invoices. emoticon

http://www.fetchflow.com/support/question/How-do-I-schedule-recurring-invoices.html
Vilmos Papp
September 11, 2013 6:17 AM
Answer

Vilmos Papp

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

As I see FetchFlow has a public API you could build a portlet on it. Just have to implement a good UI for it.
Jack Bakker
December 3, 2013 3:28 PM
Answer

Jack Bakker

Recent Posts

The enterprise will be juggled...

I'd like to think this is a technical forum not an infomercial channel