toggle
roberto gasdia
Italian translation of liferay 5.2.2
April 21, 2009 3:58 AM
Answer

roberto gasdia

Recent Posts

Hi everybody,

since i'm working on the italian version of liferay 5.2.2 i found lot's of errors, so i'm posting some of the corrections i think are necessary.
I've just started with it, so i might post other attachments in the future.

For those who wants to use it, just place the two files

language_it.properties
language_it.properties.native

in the "liferay-portal-5.2.2/tomcat-6.0.18/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/classes/content" folder (in case you're using tomcat)

Cheerz
Attachments: ita_transl.zip (134.1k)
Julio Camarero
RE: Italian translation of liferay 5.2.2
April 21, 2009 10:05 AM
Answer

Julio Camarero

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

Hi Roberto,

there are some other people contributing to these translation, so, it would be great if you all could coordinate.

Mauro Mariuzzo and Francesco Gabbanini, would you like to check these files to that they can be commited to liferay portal?
Maybe you could also contact Roberto about the translation and you all could coordinate for future improvements.

Thanks a lot,

Julio Camarero
Luca Preziati
April 24, 2009 3:15 AM
Answer

Luca Preziati

Recent Posts

If you want I can help also, because Italian default translation is ridiculous. I have a good translation of portal 5.1.1 but now there are almost 400 new phrase.
Julio Camarero
April 26, 2009 11:38 PM
Answer

Julio Camarero

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

Hi there!

Is there anyone of you who would like to coordinate the Italian Translation Team?
If somebody want to be, just tell me and from now on we will ask him about all the changes to the italian translation before committing them.

Cheers!

Julio Camarero
Luca Preziati
April 27, 2009 7:35 AM
Answer

Luca Preziati

Recent Posts

I can, but i need to understand whit you what the supevisioning mean for you.

Luca
Julio Camarero
April 27, 2009 8:03 AM
Answer

Julio Camarero

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

Hi Luca,

usually, when working with translations we follow this process:

1. User A makes some changes to Italian language.
  2. This user posts his files in a ticket in JIRA (issues.liferay.com) and then post a message here pointing to that ticket. If there is an open issue for the italian language, it can be posted there; otherwise, it can be always posted in a new ticket. These files should be called "proposal_language.properties" or something similar so that they are different to the definitive ones.
  3. The administrator of the language, WHO IS SUBSCRIBED TO THE TRANSLATIONS CATEGORY in the forums, reviews the changes and posts the reviewed files in the same ticket in JIRA (removing the word proposal from the title) and changes the state of the ticket to "Contributed". Then, he also posts in this category saying that the improvement is ready.
  4. A liferay committer (usually Jorge Ferrer or me) commits the changes to liferay core.

So, Luca, do you want to be oficially the new Italian Administrator? Anybody against it? emoticon
Luca Preziati
May 10, 2009 1:24 PM
Answer

Luca Preziati

Recent Posts

Hi, I don't know if I have made all correct, but i open a issue on jira with code LPS-3292 and I have attached my italian proposal translator. I know I've made mistake in the title...but it's my first time. But the contribution I think It's more important than my error emoticon..

See u soon.

PS: where can I find the private contact of msn o skype of other italian translator? And how can I contact u privatly, like msn or skype, for tell u my progress?
Julio Camarero
May 22, 2009 12:39 AM
Answer

Julio Camarero

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

Hi Luca!

I was about to commit your changes but I couldn't because I think you made something wrong with the language files.

The file that we need you to commit is the language_it.properties.native (we autogenerate the language_it.properties from the other one) and it is something strange, but you attached two files, which have the same content, and it is the content of the language_it.properties, you can see that yours have this kind of text. javax.portlet.title.116=Le mie Attivit\u00E0

We just need the one that you modified (the original in italian) which doesn't have these encoded characters.

As soon as you upload that file I will try to commit it again, ok?

Thank you very much.

In order to contact the rest of the italian team, I recommend you to try to be liferay-friends with them as a first step.

Cheers!
Luca Preziati
May 22, 2009 1:49 AM
Answer

Luca Preziati

Recent Posts

Sorry. I convert all in UTF-8 encoding because when I start my liferay all accent are interpretated wrongly.
I will attach the other file to Jira tonight. sorry. Should I use some particular encoding?
Julio Camarero
May 22, 2009 2:08 AM
Answer

Julio Camarero

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

No, just send us the original file, with all the accents and all the stuff, we will convert it to ASCII afterwards.
Thanks a lot!