toggle
Vijay Raghavan Venkataraman
Integration with Microsoft Office®
May 3, 2009 12:56 AM
Answer

Vijay Raghavan Venkataraman

Recent Posts

Hi ,
i want to know about the Integration with Microsoft Office®. i found this Integration with Microsoft office. Is any example for this or any document saying how it can be done?
Lisa Simpson
RE: Integration with Microsoft Office®
June 22, 2009 3:39 PM
Answer

Lisa Simpson

Recent Posts

Unfortunately integrating ANYTHING with a Borg Collective Product (AKA Microsuck) is a moving target. As soon as something starts to become popular, they will release a "security patch" that will break it and then you have to start your integration from scractch. Since The Borg only release closed source products, it's rather difficult to reverse engineer them so that you can integrate them. Being on a constant treadmill of doing this is very tiring and quickly drains resources. For that reason, there's not usually a lot of integration between any of the Borg products and any Open Source Software. OSS developers usually aren't paid. They get glory and respect and consulting gigs but that's about it. When you manage an OSS project, you have to carefully allocate man hours toward something that will actually move the project foward and not keep it stuck on a treadmill of trying to keep with the steaming mounds of code cranked out by the limitless numbers of programmer minions that the Borg Collective commands.

Liferay is integreated with Open Office which is compatible, to a degree, with The Borg Collective's Office product/suite.

HTH,
Albert J Carter-Corbin
June 23, 2009 5:08 PM
Answer

Albert J Carter-Corbin

Recent Posts

The document library has a layer on top of it that makes it look like a Sharepoint server. So if you had tunnel-web installed and configured with login ability then you should be able to save and retrieve office documents from the document library.

http://your.liferay.portal.server/sharepoint/

This will enable you to browse your document libraries in the communities of your liferay portal server.
Clark Kent
August 18, 2011 10:10 PM
Answer

Clark Kent

Recent Posts

Is this feature still there or is it not supposed to work. I tried to open http://localhost:8080 from Microsoft Word and it asks for username and password but nothing further.

Regards,
Liferay Question
Clark Kent
August 20, 2011 12:23 AM
Answer

Clark Kent

Recent Posts

Can anyone please confirm from Liferay if this is still a feature?

http://www.liferay.com/web/michelle.hoshi/blog/-/blogs/1697083

Regards,
Liferay Questions
Bryan Cheung
August 20, 2011 6:57 AM
Answer

Bryan Cheung

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

Yeah it's definitely still a supported feature. Are you remembering to add the /sharepoint at the end of the URL?
Clark Kent
August 20, 2011 11:13 AM
Answer

Clark Kent

Recent Posts

Hey Bryan,

Thanks very much. looks like age has got into me and my eyesight is weakening. I now am able to see the folders.

This must be really little used feature, as i see two problems with it right now.

1) The files having extension docx are not visible.
2) I am able to see and edit the doc file but after updating the same and then downloading it from liferay, the file gets corrupt.

Regards,
Liferay Questions
Dhandapani S
September 21, 2011 5:53 AM
Answer

Dhandapani S

Recent Posts

Hi

I am also facing the same problem,

Is this resolved.? If yes, Kindly help out

Regards

Dhandapani S
Dhandapani S
June 7, 2012 6:30 AM
Answer

Dhandapani S

Recent Posts

is there any solution ?
Regards
Dhandapani S
Hitoshi Ozawa
June 7, 2012 6:55 AM
Answer

Hitoshi Ozawa

Recent Posts

This is a very old thread. Are you using the current Liferay 6.1.0 GA1? What are you trying to do? Use Liferay as a Sharepoint server still?