toggle
Krasimir Chochev
Liferay 6.1.2 migration to 6.2.0
January 13, 2014 8:02 AM
Answer

Krasimir Chochev

Recent Posts

Hi there!

Could anyone tell me how to migrate theme and content from Liferay 6.1.2 GA3 to 6.2.0 GA1?
Importing .lar from an older version of Liferay does not work (not supported operation) until I changed the version in several files e.g. liferay-look-and-feel.xml, liferay-plugin-package.properties etc.

I tried creating a new theme project, than I moved all the files (velocity templates, styles, images etc.) from the older version of Liferay to the new 6.2.0 one, but it is not working properly.

Any ideas?

Thank you!

Regards,
Krasimir
David H Nebinger
RE: Liferay 6.1.2 migration to 6.2.0
January 13, 2014 8:30 AM
Answer

David H Nebinger

Community Moderator

Recent Posts

two separate concerns here - upgrade and migrate.

for upgrade, you have your plugins. If your plugins have their liferay-plugin-package.properties file set correctly, the plugins may be available in 6.2+ (as long as the apis aren't broken). If an upgrade of the plugins is necessary, use the new SDK as you did and create a new project and copy files in (not the liferay-plugin-package.properties file unless you edit it correctly).

migration of content should be automatic. Point your 6.2 instance at the 6.1 database and data directory then fire it up. Existing content should migrate and not require lar export/import.
Krzysztof Smaga
RE: Liferay 6.1.2 migration to 6.2.0
March 23, 2014 7:18 AM
Answer

Krzysztof Smaga

Recent Posts

HI,
I'd like to migrate data with external txt/sql file.
How can I do that?

It's PostgreSQL DB.