How do i integrate liferay with SAP?
Thanks in advance
Mayank Awasthi
RE: Liferay integration with SAP
July 3, 2009 1:11 AM
Answer

Mayank Awasthi

Recent Posts

What kind of integration you are looking for. If you just need to get the data, I guess webservices can be a good way to go for that.
Sachin Pathare
July 3, 2009 1:40 AM
Answer

Sachin Pathare

Recent Posts

I want to access the database as well as web services
Amit B
December 14, 2009 5:50 AM
Answer

Amit B

Recent Posts

My organization is using SAP portal for Employees and outside users like customers and vendors. The solution works fine with ERP, BI and HR module integrated.
Now as per the requests by user to have Community features and Collaborative and portal based features in the intranet site we are planning to imlement LIferay (for intranet users) in the frontend and all the exisitng featues of SAP portal at the backend (ERP, HR, BI etc). In the new portal users can blog, wiki, chat etc.

I need urgent help in implemeting the same.
Please reply if you have alredy implemented the same or have any idea on the same.
Thanks in advance,
Amit
Anonymous
January 4, 2010 10:45 PM
Answer

Anonymous

Hi Experts,

Please update me if you get any detail on this. I am planning to use Liferay with my bussiness SAP application. I want to access SAP site from liferay.

Also provide the steps how to use webservice and get data.

Thanks in adv.
Ravinder Singh
December 12, 2010 7:19 AM
Answer

Ravinder Singh

Recent Posts

Please try SAP Jco connector. We have used SAP JCo connector to retrieve data from SAP from a Java/J2EE application. SAP JCo connector provides Java API for BAPI interfaces.
rino alias
September 24, 2012 9:28 PM
Answer

rino alias

Recent Posts

Hi Experts,

I would like to know how can I integrate Liferay with SAP using web service. We have to update the SAP DB with the values being entered from the custom portlet developed using Liferay. And also upon entering the values into the DB we need to do some other operations on Liferay portal also. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks&Regards,
Rino Alias
kailash behara
June 7, 2013 3:56 AM
Answer

kailash behara

Recent Posts

Ravinder Singh:
Please try SAP Jco connector. We have used SAP JCo connector to retrieve data from SAP from a Java/J2EE application. SAP JCo connector provides Java API for BAPI interfaces.

Dear Ravinder,

I'm facing SAP JCO Connector issue on linux. but It's working on windows 7.

Portal Production Version: 6.1 GA2 EE,
Application Server: Tomcat 7.0,
Operating System: Windows 7 64bit, (intel)
Java Virtual Machine: Java 6

In windows 7, I added file sapjco.jar, sapjcorfc.dll and librfc32.dll on \tomcat-7.0.27-ee\jre1.6.0_20\win\bin\ and also sapjco.jar in \tomcat-7.0.27-ee\lib\ext\
and even i added all the respective files on the system file directory like C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin and C:\Windows\System32
Which is working fine without any problem.

Where as in linux
Portal Production Version: 6.1 GA2 EE,
Application Server: Tomcat 7.0,
Operating System: Red Hat Enterprise 5 64bit, (intel)
Java Virtual Machine: Java 6

I added file librfccm.so, libsapjcorfc.so and sapjco.jar (v3.0 - 64 bit intel), over /usr/java/jdk1.6.0_05/jre/bin/ and /usr/lib/jvm/jre-1.6.0-openjdk.x86_64/bin/
and also sapjco.jar in \tomcat-7.0.27-ee\lib\ext\

but its not working. Please help me out for the issue.

Error Logs
----------------
Exception in thread "liferay/scheduler_dispatch-461" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.sap.mw.jco.JCO
at com.ginger.feedback.form.sap.FeedbackRecordDAOImpl.getFeedbackRecordDAO(FeedbackRecordDAOImpl.java:162)
at com.ginger.feedback.form.action.UpdateFeedbackRecord.getSchedulerRequest(UpdateFeedbackRecord.java:65)
at com.ginger.feedback.form.action.CronScheduledAction.receive(CronScheduledAction.java:13)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor317.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:616)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.bean.ClassLoaderBeanHandler.invoke(ClassLoaderBeanHandler.java:67)
at $Proxy399.receive(Unknown Source)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.scheduler.messaging.SchedulerEventMessageListenerWrapper.receive(SchedulerEventMessageListenerWrapper.java:73)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.messaging.InvokerMessageListener.receive(InvokerMessageListener.java:63)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.messaging.ParallelDestination$1.run(ParallelDestination.java:114)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$WorkerTask._runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:671)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$WorkerTask.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:582)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:636)

Thanks in advance
Kailash Behara
Tonu Sri
July 14, 2013 9:40 AM
Answer

Tonu Sri

Recent Posts

Hi Kailash,

As per your error logs it says: ould not initialize class com.sap.mw.jco.JCO

I dont think there is anything related with Liferay here.

Please check your environment and verify your classes are available or not.

Tonu