toggle
Gaston Artemski
User Private Page
July 25, 2009 5:01 AM
Answer

Gaston Artemski

Recent Posts

Hello everybody,

I put this question to the category "development" because I am using an own portlet to add new users programatically.

Now my question is how can I manage it porgramatically that every new user when he logged in will be at his private page?

The aim is that every user can on his page install portlets he needs to have and he he schoul be at the start - after login - on his private page.

Perhaps I can tell it a little easier:

Every user shall have an own view of a certain page wehn he logs in. For Example User-A can have 2 Portlets on this page and User-B can have 3 portlets on this pages. Changes the people made on this page should only affect their own view.

Thanks in advance

Gaston
Ales Rybak
RE: User Private Page
July 25, 2009 9:25 AM
Answer

Ales Rybak

Recent Posts

Hi Gaston,

to achieve this behaviour you have to change login event for setting landing page. This events are set in portal.properties in Portal Events section. In this case you have to replace com.liferay.portal.events.DefaultLandingPageAction in login.events.post by your own implementation.
Oliver Bayer
July 25, 2009 9:48 AM
Answer

Oliver Bayer

Recent Posts

Hey Gaston,

afaik you can achieve this (redirect logged in users to their private pages) by setting a propery in the portal-ext.properties without coding. Take a look at this post: Setting landing pages after login
Gaston Artemski
July 25, 2009 1:18 PM
Answer

Gaston Artemski

Recent Posts

Thank you all very much!

Yes the entry

2auth.forward.by.last.path=false

in portal-ext.properties

is the solution!

Great ;-)