Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
Karolin Anna Heiss
Liferay 6: where is the Plugin Installer portlet?
April 20, 2010 10:04 AM
Answer

Karolin Anna Heiss

Recent Posts

Hi all,

today I downloaded the bundle liferay-portal-jboss-6.0.0 from
http://sourceforge.net/projects/lportal/files

When I am logged in as Administrator and want to addd more applications by "Add > Add more Applications" the Control Panel is shown with "Please select a tool from the left menu."

The link of Add more Applications is
http://localhost:8080/flow/group/control_panel/manage?p_p_id=111&p_p_lifecycle=0&p_p_mode=view&refererPlid=10147

This must be a bug? Where is the Plugin Installer portlet?

Please help me.
Thank you very much,

Karolin
Attachment

Attachments: AddMoreApplications.png (50.5k)
Karolin Anna Heiss
RE: Liferay 6: where is the Plugin Installer portlet?
April 20, 2010 10:37 AM
Answer

Karolin Anna Heiss

Recent Posts

Ok, now I see...

I dont get directly redirected to the Plugin Installer portlet, but can go to the portlet by "Plugin Installation" which you only see when you go to the Control Panel by by "Add > Install More Applications".
Armaz Mellati
May 11, 2010 4:45 AM
Answer

Armaz Mellati

Recent Posts

Hi Karolin,

When you found the plugin installer portlet, did it work as expected ? In my installasjon (The 6.0.1 bundled with Tomcat), search for new plugins allways retuns an empty list. I am surprised nobody else has reported that !!!

Regards,
Armaz Mellati
Karolin Anna Heiss
May 26, 2010 8:50 AM
Answer

Karolin Anna Heiss

Recent Posts

Armaz,

I upload my own Plugin. This works fine.

Now I tried to search for new plugins like you and get the empty list as well.
Maybe the warning has something todo with it:

1WARN  [MBFriendlyURLMapper] Struts action  does not have a friendly URL path

I get this warning every time I search for plugins.

Sorry, I can't help you.

Karolin
jonathan essex
May 30, 2010 8:10 AM
Answer

jonathan essex

Recent Posts

I have the exact same problem (no plugins found in the repository) with the LifeRay 6/Tomcat 6 bundle. Did you ever find a solution?
Armaz Mellati
June 11, 2010 10:45 AM
Answer

Armaz Mellati

Recent Posts

No, I have just tried out the last releast 6.0.2 and still not fixed.
I have had to do it manually. Browsed to the download site of the plugins and manually downloaded them and the uploaded into Plugin Installer.

Regards,
Armaz
Titu Chowdhury
October 11, 2011 1:27 AM
Answer

Titu Chowdhury

Recent Posts

Hi,

I'm having the same issue. i can't see the list under plugins installation. Any help would appreciate.
Branko Stojakovic
October 13, 2011 7:06 AM
Answer

Branko Stojakovic

Recent Posts

I am running Liferay Portal Community Edition 6.0.6 CE and trying to follow a book "Practical Liferay: JavaTM-based Portal Applications Development" and I cannot find the Plugin Installer portlet !!!!

Can anyone help please?
Fabio Miranda
February 19, 2013 11:43 AM
Answer

Fabio Miranda

Recent Posts

A thread so important, so vital, sustantial and it is not answer nor solved by Liferay.
Liferay is so busy attending paid customers that forgot its own roots: open source, free software.

Liferay is a clear example of open source companies that forget they nature for momney.

Oracle, on the other hand, is a closed source company but they do not abandon their open source projects.

I have never seen a thread or problem like this, ignored, unresolved by Oracle.

fabio.
James Falkner
February 19, 2013 12:33 PM
Answer

James Falkner

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

Fabio Miranda:
A thread so important, so vital, sustantial and it is not answer nor solved by Liferay.
Liferay is so busy attending paid customers that forgot its own roots: open source, free software.

Liferay is a clear example of open source companies that forget they nature for momney.

Hey Fabio, sorry that this thread got overlooked - there are many messages on these forums (over 200 a day) and often pass by unnoticed by the community! I for one hope that our growing ranks of community members can (and have) been doing an awesome job fielding questions. Often, the same question is asked in multiple threads, so it pays to search first.

At the time this thread began (2.5 years ago) the 6.0 plugins repository was up and running, however after each 6.0.x release, such as with 6.0.6, someone at Liferay had to go re-release all of the plugins and mark them as compatible with 6.0.6 before they would show up in the plugins repository. That often didn't happen (Liferay has limited resources and sometimes this got overlooked for a few weeks or months). But it eventually did happen.

Oracle, on the other hand, is a closed source company but they do not abandon their open source projects.

fabio.

See http://opensolaris.org. And trust me (I used to work there), although Oracle is huge they don't have unlimited resources and things also 'slip through the cracks' emoticon
Hitoshi Ozawa
February 19, 2013 2:23 PM
Answer

Hitoshi Ozawa

Recent Posts

This is a very old thread based on an old version of liferay. Users usually create a new thread to based on a new version of Liferay they are using.
This also is not a support forum. If you find any bugs, users can create an issue in Liferay jira. Issues there are tracked and assigned to get resolved.

This is not very true because I had to send an email to ask Scott McNealy to support "encoding" parameter in javac so I can compile a java code with Japanese characters on my MS Windows (note: "encoding" parameter is now normally not necessary because javac now detect encoding). We currently have a problem with JDK7 not handling Japanese correctly on some of the methods and that has been ignored for a very long time too.