Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
Victor Zorin
Online Survey Portlet
May 27, 2010 1:49 AM
Answer

Victor Zorin

Recent Posts

We have received a number of direct enquiries from liferay forum users regarding demo of Online Survey Portlet, which has been set at http://portlets.myoffice24x7.com/web/guest/marketplace/public-demo/survey-portlet.
Instead of answering those questions one by one, below is a compiled faq summary:

Q1. What is the minimum deployment environment?
A. Liferay + J2EE Server, preferably JBoss, together or running on separate JVMs and hosts

Q2. Do we need Liferay EE?
A. CE and EE will do the job

Q3. When user submits the survey, where will the information be saved to?
A. Database

Q4. What's the scope of data?
A1. Survey definitions are per company
A2. Survey Campaigns are per community, campaign is an instance of survey definition
A3. Portlet Instance uses campaign, similar to the way Liferay's Content Display Portlet shows article
A4. 1+ portlet instances may use the same survey campaign

Q5. Any admin UI can list the survey results queue?
A. Community administrator

Q6. Skills required for survey definition
A. XML + HTML

Q7. Can the survey be sent out as a mail?
A. When campaign is defined in a community, an email can be sent automatically to members of this community.
Survey can have a timespan, reminders can also be sent at preset time before expiry.

Q8. How to publish survey results?
A. Press button 'Generate Report', csv file is generated with 1 column per survey field.
Rajeev K
RE: Online Survey Portlet
July 6, 2011 7:17 AM
Answer

Rajeev K

Recent Posts

Hi Victor,

How do I include the survey portlet to my liferay instance.?

Any plugins that needs to be installed?

Thanks
Raj
Victor Zorin
August 19, 2011 11:06 PM
Answer

Victor Zorin

Recent Posts

Hi Rajeev. Please wait a couple of weeks. We will be releasing a number of products on 'marketplace' portal, including Survey and SmartForms. While products are commercial, all of them will have a free license as well.
If this portal does not go live before the end of July, send an email, and I'll forward download and manuals links to you directly. Regards. Victor.

Edited:
The site is up, survey portlet is being documented, put your email into 'new product' notification list, you will be sent an auto-reminder when it is ready for downloading.
Sreeraj AV
July 7, 2011 5:32 AM
Answer

Sreeraj AV

Recent Posts

Victor Zorin:
Hi Rajeev. Please wait a couple of weeks. We will be releasing a number of products on 'marketplace' portal, including Survey and SmartForms. While products are commercial, all of them will have a free license as well.
If this portal does not go live before the end of July, send an email, and I'll forward download and manuals links to you directly. Regards. Victor.

i downloaded the survey portlet v5 war file and tried to deploy in liferay 6. bt its throwing an error ...

112:32:46,959 INFO  [AutoDeployDir:167] Processing survey-portlet.war
 212:32:46,959 INFO  [PortletAutoDeployListener:71] Copying portlets for D:\bundles\work\liferay-portal-6.0.5\deploy\survey-portlet.war
 3com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployException: survey-portlet.war does not support this version of Liferay
 4    at com.liferay.portal.tools.deploy.BaseDeployer.deployFile(BaseDeployer.java:690)
 5    at com.liferay.portal.tools.deploy.BaseDeployer.deploy(BaseDeployer.java:454)
 6    at com.liferay.portal.deploy.auto.PortletAutoDeployer.autoDeploy(PortletAutoDeployer.java:92)
 7    at com.liferay.portal.deploy.auto.PortletAutoDeployListener.deploy(PortletAutoDeployListener.java:78)
 8    at com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployDir.processFile(AutoDeployDir.java:180)
 9    at com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployDir.scanDirectory(AutoDeployDir.java:221)
10    at com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployScanner.run(AutoDeployScanner.java:49)
1112:32:46,975 INFO  [PortletAutoDeployListener:81] Portlets for D:\bundles\work\liferay-portal-6.0.5\deploy\survey-portlet.war copied successfully. Deployment will start in a few seconds.
Tom Thomas
November 24, 2011 8:51 AM
Answer

Tom Thomas

Recent Posts

Victor,

It's hard to tell what portlet is being discussed here - is it the MyOffice24x7 Survey Portlet?
I've been investigating the Survey Portlet 1.2 plugin available from the control panel plugins installation into a Liferay Tomcat 6.0.5 installation.

After installation, the application showed up in the CVRG applications folder.
I added it to a page and the porlet displayed a message: "Portlet is temporarily unavailbable."

I can't find any documentation or even a bug report on it - can you point me to a wiki or other forum or at least give a suggestion on how to configure it?

Thanks,

Tom
Victor Zorin
July 9, 2012 5:51 PM
Answer

Victor Zorin

Recent Posts

You can preview and download version for 6.1.0GA. New link is here. Officially portlet will become available by the end of this week.
The default installation will take you to a cloud datacentre located on East coast of US. You can also re-connect to European (Ireland) or Asia-Pacific datacentre (Japan). If your turn-around connection time is under 200ms, portlet will give acceptable performance when hooked to cloud, otherwise you may have to consider using own backend.