toggle
Laurent Dreuillat
Image Gallery scope page problem
May 27, 2010 9:17 AM
Answer

Laurent Dreuillat

Recent Posts

Hi,

The Image Gallery seems to have a strange behaviour depending on its scope.
Community scope :
- I create a Folder and images inside (as a community Administrator)
- I connect as a community member and I can see the folder and the image (without any configurations)

Page Scope :
- I create a Folder and images inside (as a community Administrator)
- I connect as a community member and I can see the root folder. But when I click on this Folder I got an error (You do not have the required permissions)
- If I reconnect as an administrator and give VIEW access I can see the Folder as a Community Member but I just can see a Forbidden Icon as the image

Why is there such differences with the same Portlet depending on the scope?
Is it normal or is it a bug?
Is there a workaround?

thanks

Laurent
Auditya manikanta Vadrevu
RE: Image Gallery scope page problem
May 27, 2010 9:54 PM
Answer

Recent Posts

- I connect as a community member and I can see the root folder. But when I click on this Folder I got an error (You do not have the required permissions)
- If I reconnect as an administrator and give VIEW access I can see the Folder as a Community Member but I just can see a Forbidden Icon as the image

In the first case you do not have permission to view folder contents so that was the error later when you have assigned view permissions then you got the forbidden icon for the images. do you have view permission on that image if not then what you got is right.
Laurent Dreuillat
May 27, 2010 10:44 PM
Answer

Laurent Dreuillat

Recent Posts

Hi,

I agree but why is there a difference when I change the scope parameter (defautlt or page)?
When I do the same actions with the default (community) scope I don't need to modify/add the permissions. The community member can see all the Folders and the image!

Laurent
May 31, 2010 12:09 AM
Answer

Recent Posts

hi,

there are many problems in it. (checked 5.2.2 & 5.2.3). A community member not having any permission on folder or image can actually access that in recent images. and many more

Actually i modified the code - like checking permissions on folders & images before displaying it. now every thing works fine in both scopes.