toggle
Diego Figueroa
No public & private pages links on manage pages
July 8, 2010 6:36 AM
Answer

Diego Figueroa

Recent Posts

Hi,

I am having some strange issues after upgrading from Liferay 5.1 to 5.2.3. My administrator user used to have access to the public and private pages of every user. Now when I click on "Manage Pages" for the same administrator user I cannot see the links for the public or private pages.

I tracked the issue back to the ROOT/html/portlet/communities/edit_pages.jsp file and in particular this piece of code:

<c:if test="<%= liveGroup.isCommunity() || liveGroup.isOrganization() || liveGroup.isUserGroup() %>">

I printed the values and they are all coming back as false. I had to hack the code above and add

permissionChecker.isOmniadmin()

so that my admin user would be able to modify his own private pages.

However, I would like to understand why I am suddenly not able to see my own (or any other user's) private pages.

I would appreciate any links to documentation on what any of the liveGroup methods call returns and any important configuration I might be missing.

Thanks!
Diego Figueroa
RE: No public & private pages links on manage pages
July 15, 2010 8:39 AM
Answer

Diego Figueroa

Recent Posts

Did further testing and I can view the private and public pages (and links to those pages) for the groups themselves but not for the users within the group.

Any thoughts?