Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
Bob Dietrich
Forum login timeout
July 31, 2010 10:19 PM
Answer

Bob Dietrich

Recent Posts

I was trying to post of the forum tonight and lost my posting at least three times due to the login timeout, even though I hit the Preview button frequently.

How about either extending the timeout or setting things up to log you back in if you've been logged out? Thanks.
Samuel Liu
RE: Forum login timeout
August 2, 2010 6:22 PM
Answer

Samuel Liu

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

Hi Anna, Fastbob,

It happens because you have multiple tabs open. Normally sessions are 30 minutes I think, but when you have multiple tabs open, if one times out then all your tabs time out. Which kind of stinks... It's a known bug -- I help to reproduce bugs and find things on the forums and it happens to me all the time. I'm pushing to get this fixed, don't worry!

I can keep you posted on this issue emoticon

Warm regards,
Sam
Bob Dietrich
August 4, 2010 11:31 PM
Answer

Bob Dietrich

Recent Posts

Multiple open tabs may indeed be the issue. I had the Extend banner appear, clicked Extend, and later had my session timeout without notice in the active window. I later discovered the timeout banner in another tab.
Olaf Kock
August 8, 2010 11:48 PM
Answer

Olaf Kock

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

What you can do client side is to select "Remember me" on logging in. This will disable the timeout. Helps me when I'm travelling (as I'm now) with a huge load of open tabs.

Server side (on your own installations, not here) you can either extend the session time or disable it completely. But this is just for reference - no answer to the problem at hand.