Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
Bob Dietrich
6.0.5 Plugins?
August 28, 2010 7:18 PM
Answer

Bob Dietrich

Recent Posts

Any chance the 6.0.5 plugins can be released for download via SourceForge or the plugin installer? Thanks.
Shagul Khajamohideen
RE: 6.0.5 Plugins?
August 29, 2010 4:42 AM
Answer

Shagul Khajamohideen

Recent Posts

fastbob fastbob:
Any chance the 6.0.5 plugins can be released for download via SourceForge or the plugin installer? Thanks.

It is a good idea to release some of the plugins (portlets/hooks/web etc) as source other than being bundled up with the tomcat.

Probably you could try to checkout the revision from the plugins svn that matches the tag revision of 6.0.5 (revision -60396). This could help.
Bob Dietrich
August 29, 2010 7:55 AM
Answer

Bob Dietrich

Recent Posts

Sure, it's useful to have access to the source of the plugins and I know how to do that, but that's not the point.

The point is the 6.0.5 release is incomplete. While there are several ways it is incomplete, what I'm saying here is that the standard portlet, theme, etc. plugins have not been updated on the standard installation site and on SourceForge. They were updated for 6.0.4 and other releases.
Shagul Khajamohideen
August 29, 2010 1:32 PM
Answer

Shagul Khajamohideen

Recent Posts

Added a comment to the below blog. Probably this will be resolved soon.

http://www.liferay.com/web/brian.chan/blog/-/blogs/liferay-portal-6-ga-3-released

Best,
Shagul
Jorge Ferrer
August 30, 2010 4:28 AM
Answer

Jorge Ferrer

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

Hi guys,

Please note that while some plugins may also be released along with maintenance releases, since the first GA release all previous plugin versions will also work.

In other words, the plugins released with 6.0 GA 1 (aka 6.0.3) will work with 6.0 GA 2 (aka 6.0.4), 6.0 GA 3 (aka 6.0.5), and future maintenance versions, including EE versions.

For more information see: http://www.liferay.com/es/web/jorge.ferrer/blog/-/blogs/explaining-the-new-versioning-scheme-for-liferay-6
Bob Dietrich
August 30, 2010 1:34 PM
Answer

Bob Dietrich

Recent Posts

Jorge,
Sorry, I'd forgotten that you're actually testing that plugins will work with later maintenance releases (this implies no API changes).

I guess part of my confusion was that GA1 and GA2 had releases of the plugins.

So does this mean there will NOT be a release of plugins for GA3?
Jorge Ferrer
August 31, 2010 1:07 AM
Answer

Jorge Ferrer

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

Hi fastbob,

There might still be a release of the plugins for GA 3, I haven't checked with the release guys. Sometimes they decide to release them even if they are the same or almost the same to give people a higher reassurance.

But I wanted to highlight the fact that any plugins (ours or 3rd party) that work in any of the Liferay 6 GA's will work in future GA's and SP's too (as you say that requires no API modifications).

We've had some cases in previous versions where this wasn't always true and we are being much more strict now to avoid that type of issues. That's why I like to use any chance I have to let people know emoticon