Threads [ Previous | Next ]
Romain DAGOD
Display a search result
April 8, 2008 5:43 AM
Answer

Romain DAGOD

Recent Posts

Hello everyone,

I'm quite new using liferay (a few weeks) and I'm currently developping some new liferay portlets. I would like to use the Liferay way of displaying search result (like in the 'Journal' portlet for example), but I don't know how to start (I mean, to choose the number and names of colums, then to fill and display the different rows, ...). I look at the code but I don't get the general way of programming it...

Does any tutorial exist on this functionality ? Or can someone help me to write a very simple table ?

Thanks a lot,

Romain.
Man V K
RE: Display a search result
April 8, 2008 7:42 AM
Answer

Man V K

Recent Posts

Hi,

You can try with hibernate portlet or sampledao, which you can download from official plugins.

vin
Romain DAGOD
April 9, 2008 3:04 AM
Answer

Romain DAGOD

Recent Posts

Hi !

Thanks for your quick answer !

Why should I try with these portlets ? Is there any example of displaying a table using Liferay ?

Thanks in advance,

Romain
Man V K
April 9, 2008 3:18 AM
Answer

Man V K

Recent Posts

If you check these portlets you can find out what are the ways you can
get the data from the database,

there are different ways to get the data from the database, either you can try with hibernate or try with DAO way.

in these example you can see how they have done with sample table.

if you want to display the records of the table you can try with the above portlet.

if you want to see the strucure of the table you have see the database.

vin
Romain DAGOD
April 9, 2008 5:07 AM
Answer

Romain DAGOD

Recent Posts

Oooh okay I see it seems that I made a mistake (sorry for my english...) between how to extract some data from the database tables, and how to display it on a table with for example 3 rows and 4 columns...

Actually I was talking on the second meaning of the word 'table', that's to say how to display some data I already have...I like the style of Liferay tables, it seems that there are some tags like search-iterator to do it but I don't see how to do it.

That's why I wanted to know if someone could help me with a tutorial on those tags or with a simple code to display such tables.

Thanks a lot,

ROmain