Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
Stefan Klett
Directory Structure of a Portal
December 10, 2010 12:38 AM

Stefan Klett

Recent Posts

Hi Fellows,

Again I hit a problem which I could not resolve yet by searching the web - although not "life critical" , the knowledge of the correct directory structure of a portal might save some development time - if it is clear right from the beginning.
In my case this question arises from the behavior of eclipse - I already got one portlet up and running (it displays data from a database) and my aim is to add some functionality by creating a second portlet which should fulfill the task of data import from Excel Worksheets.

What puzzles me is that eclipse simply creates a new file in the same directory as my first portlet if I start a new liferay portlet via File-> New->New Liferay Portlet. This might be correct - because the portlet class inherits from com.liferay.util.bridges.mvc.MVCPortlet but I wonder how it could be - because eclipse doesn't adapt the structure files - like liferay-portlet.xml - web.xml etc. accordingly.
I would expect eclipse either a new portlet directory structure - or to update the files.

I would appreciate very much for comments which might be helpful to clarify the correct structure of a portal with more than one portlet - and the way to get to this point using eclipse.

Thank you very much in advance

Best regards