Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
Kravchenko Dmitry
How to know what favicon is used?
December 22, 2010 7:22 AM
Answer

Kravchenko Dmitry

Recent Posts

I wan't to replace icon of my site globally. I was told to replace favicon.ico file from the theme. I have the following ico files on my liferay:

[root@ecisco Liferay-Portal]# find . -name *.ico
./liferay-portal-6.0.5/tomcat-6.0.26/webapps/ecisco-theme/images/favicon.ico
./liferay-portal-6.0.5/tomcat-6.0.26/webapps/ROOT/html/themes/control_panel/images/favicon.ico
./liferay-portal-6.0.5/tomcat-6.0.26/webapps/ROOT/html/themes/classic/images/favicon.ico
./liferay-portal-6.0.5/tomcat-6.0.26/webapps/ROOT/html/themes/_unstyled/images/favicon.ico
./liferay-portal-6.0.5/tomcat-6.0.26/webapps/ROOT/html/VAADIN/themes/runo/favicon.ico
./liferay-portal-6.0.5/tomcat-6.0.26/webapps/ROOT/html/VAADIN/themes/liferay/favicon.ico
./liferay-portal-6.0.5/tomcat-6.0.26/webapps/ROOT/html/VAADIN/themes/default/favicon.ico
./liferay-portal-6.0.5/tomcat-6.0.26/webapps/ROOT/html/VAADIN/themes/base/favicon.ico
./liferay-portal-6.0.5/tomcat-6.0.26/webapps/ROOT/html/VAADIN/themes/reindeer/favicon.ico
./liferay-portal-6.0.5/tomcat-6.0.26/webapps/sevencogs-mobile-theme/images/favicon.ico
./liferay-portal-6.0.5/tomcat-6.0.26/webapps/ecisco-mobile-theme/images/favicon.ico
./liferay-portal-6.0.5/tomcat-6.0.26/webapps/sevencogs-theme/images/favicon.ico

I am using "Classic" theme, so I have replaced this

./liferay-portal-6.0.5/tomcat-6.0.26/webapps/ROOT/html/themes/classic/images/favicon.ico

with my icon. But it works not in every browser and every situation. Browser cache is cleared. May be there are some other caches?
Venkat Koppavolu
RE: How to know what favicon is used?
December 27, 2010 9:17 AM
Answer

Venkat Koppavolu

Recent Posts

Each Theme will have it's own favicon.ico.

please refer portal,properties

#
# Set the theme's shortcut icon.
#
theme.shortcut.icon=favicon.ico

If you change corresponding theme's favicon.ico in images floder that fine, it should work fine in all cases.

I guess there is no other changes.

Thanks,
Venkat
Chad Williamson
RE: How to know what favicon is used?
January 6, 2011 1:21 PM
Answer

Chad Williamson

Recent Posts

Instead of naming the icon favicon.ico, name it liferay.ico That did the trick for me and I placed it within the theme/images folder. Restart apache as well, just to be sure.