Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
Phill Pover
web proxy failure
May 17, 2011 8:18 AM
Answer

Phill Pover

Recent Posts

I'm having some major issues with the web proxy portlet and it is really starting to get me down, and along with the utter lack of documentation is making my life a nightmare. So far I have had zero luck getting any answers from the liferay forums, but I will try once more to find someone who can and will help with this.

I'm trying to set up the web proxy portlet to proxy a section of our old website into liferay, rewriting links and importing styles so that it appears to be a part of liferay. No matter what I try this does not work. I'm using liferay 6.06 and have tried the built in web-proxy portlet as well as the various versions that have been posted in the forums (mostly by Eric Devlin) but none of them have done anything past scraping the content from the original website (no link re-writing, no styles or javascript being pulled through) which is not what I need. I'm also getting no helpful error messages or stacktraces from liferay/tomcat.

I did *once* get it to rewrite links, but I must have breathed on the servers incorrectly because it stopped doing that and I have never been able to put it back to where it was, I don't even know what I did to get it working, or what I did to break it. This portlet seems to be very tempramental.

I've tried this on my eclipse development install, as well as a clean production version on linux web servers, which made no difference.

Could anyone help me out on this? There is zero useful documentation on the web proxy portlet and trying to debug it is turning into a nightmare.
Nathan Shaw
RE: web proxy failure
May 17, 2011 10:05 AM
Answer

Nathan Shaw

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

Phill,

I'm not sure this is related but you might look at http://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-8968 which has blocked some people. It's currently being addressed in the 100 PaperCuts program. You might also check out the PortletBridge web site since the Liferay Web Proxy portlet is a thin wrapper for that functionality.

Good luck,
Nathan
Phill Pover
May 18, 2011 3:17 AM
Answer

Phill Pover

Recent Posts

Hi Nathan,

Thanks for the reply. I had a look at that ticket, but it didn't fix anything for the 6.06 version I've been developing on. I thought I'd try installing the nightly build to see if there's been any progress on it, and it's now telling me that it has failed to get the relative linked stylesheets and javascript files (this is new and welcome).

It's still not rewriting links in any way, and not being able to resolve relative links to css and js files is also a problem. Is this something that can be done in the xslt? Or is it something the portlet is supposed to do already?

This problem is halting our roll-out of liferay install, so any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
-Phill
Umer Hayat
June 27, 2012 4:54 AM
Answer

Umer Hayat

Recent Posts

I am facing the same issue with web proxy portlet. Have you been able to resolve it? Please share you findings if possible. Thanks in advance.