toggle
Aaron Paxson
infinite redirects trying to remove :8080 generated links
June 7, 2011 9:09 PM
Answer

Aaron Paxson

Recent Posts

Liferay 6.0.6

Can anyone tell me where the Virtual Host configuration is stored? Apparently, I made the mistake of creating a Liferay instance with domain.com and then setup another virtual host in the settings with the same domain. Now, infinite redirects. And because this is on a seperate instance, I cannot access the instance via ip address.

Is this in a table somewhere that I can get to?

What I was trying to fix, was removing the :8080 from my links in the portal. I'm using Apache httpd and reverseproxy as the front end. Works great, but I still have links that are generated with :8080

Thanks
Oliver Bayer
RE: infinite redirects trying to remove :8080 generated links
June 8, 2011 1:19 AM
Answer

Oliver Bayer

Recent Posts

Hi Aaron,

the virtualhost setting is saved at the layoutset table.

HTH Oli
Aaron Paxson
June 8, 2011 9:59 PM
Answer

Aaron Paxson

Recent Posts

Perfect! Thank you!

update LayoutSet set virtualHost = "" where layoutSetId=<rowId>;

Fixed the problem!
-Aaron
A S
June 25, 2012 3:13 AM
Answer

A S

Recent Posts

Looks like that setting moved to the "virtualhost" table.

I'm getting something similar, although I haven't changed any settings, there's a constant re-direct from "/en_GB/web/guest" to "web/guest" and back again. Any ideas? I followed the above advice, ish, in so much as I deleted the hostname value from the only row in the virtualhost table as that looked like the right place, but that doesn't seem to have fixed it. I'm not entirely sure what's done it if I'm honest, it worked Friday evening and not Monday morning, I can only imagine a setting went during shut-down on Friday (only my local dev box).

The web server never starts up fully either, I get the console message "INFO: Server startup in 45710 ms" but that's not true, eventually a message appears saying it didn't start, although the site can be used until then using an address that gets round the whole en_GB thing, like linking directly to the control panel.

Anyway, if anyone has any insight into other settings which may have been corrupted, that would be great!
A S
June 25, 2012 3:38 AM
Answer

A S

Recent Posts

Turns out blanking the "Friendly URL" in Site Settings causes LR to stick a random number in there? Following that up by just putting "/" for the "Navigation" fields in "Portal Settings" settled it down again. Seems to be running without the loop now.

Hope this proves a useful reference for someone in the future.

Cheers.