toggle
amy m
Document library and WebDAV in 4.2
December 14, 2006 1:36 PM
Answer

amy m

Recent Posts

Hi,
I downloaded the tomcat-jdk5 bundle and installed it. I'm trying to access WebDAV files.

In the document library portlet I added a folder, but I can not successfully add files from my WebDAV area to the folder. I've tried browsing to the file, which creates a copy of the WebDAV file under my TemporaryInternetFiles\Content.IE5\ABCXYZ. The document library portlet displays a message: "Document Library is temporarily unavailable.", and my tomcat log shows an error -

org.apache.jackrabbit.name.MalformedPathException: 'test[1].txt' is not a valid path: 'test[1].txt' is not a legal path element"

I've also tried typing the path directly into the File box (instead of browsing), both an https:// URL and an http:// URL. There are no errors reported on the screen, but neither of those add the file to my folder. As a note, the port to my WebDAV is not the standard port.

Am I trying to use this incorrectly? I haven't changed the default setting of the webdav.servlet.hosts.allowed property. Am I looking in the right portal for the webdav support?

I thought there were some WebDAV entries I'd seen previously in the forum, but I only see two search results now...

As a note, I also get errors in the tomcat log when adding other files to the document library, but the files are added correctly to the folder. I'm not sure if I saw this in the tomcat-jdk5 bundle or only after I built and deployed the source code.

Thanks!
Attachments: webdavError.txt (11.3k)
Mika Koivisto
RE: Document library and WebDAV in 4.2
December 15, 2006 12:48 AM
Answer

Mika Koivisto

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

amy m:

org.apache.jackrabbit.name.MalformedPathException: 'test[1].txt' is not a valid path: 'test[1].txt' is not a legal path element"

[] denotes index in JCR path so that might the reason it doesn't work. Try removing [1] from the filename.
amy m
RE: Document library and WebDAV in 4.2
December 15, 2006 5:56 AM
Answer

amy m

Recent Posts

Mika,

Thanks for your response. I'll play with it and see what I can do. The problem is that the original webDAV file name I browse to is just 'test.txt'. Then it gets created as 'test[1].txt under the TemporaryInternetFolders. I'll see what I can find out about how to change this.

thanks!