Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
Juan José Gago
Workflow and ESB in LifeRay 6.0
March 4, 2010 12:45 AM
Answer

Juan José Gago

Recent Posts

Hi, recently I've begun working with the latest version of Liferay. I’m interested in the development of portlets that make use of the integrated jBPM workflow of LifeRay, but I don’t find any documentation.
In the previous version (5.2.3) there are web plugins for the ESB (Mule o ServiceMix) and for the jBPM implementation of workflow engine. Both of them provides a BPM service for portlets.
In the current version, is there an ESB? Can I use the LifeRay integrated workflow from new custom portlets? Or, the LifeRay integrated workflow is only usable for web content and document library?

Thanks in advance.
Michael C. Han
RE: Workflow and ESB in LifeRay 6.0
March 5, 2010 7:35 AM
Answer

Michael C. Han

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

We do not bundle an ESB, but you can use Mule or ServiceMix.

While 6.0 will support jbpm3.2 as a workflow option, by default we will ship our own workflow. It does not have all the capabilities of jbpm (e.g. condition nodes, etc), but it will contain the primary features needed for human workflows. You may use either (workflow engines will swap automatically similar to how the search engine adapters work).

You can use the embedded workflow for custom portlets. You'll have to do so via the interfaces defined in com.liferay.portal.kernel.workflow.*

Initially, for 6.0, workflow will be document library and web content. For 6.1, we currently plan to add this across other portal assets. The goal is to allow workflow control via the same task console and workflow console for any assets deployed to the portal.
Juan José Gago
March 8, 2010 3:27 AM
Answer

Juan José Gago

Recent Posts

Ok, thanks for the info, but I would like to know more about the Liferay's workflow engine, is there any information resource available about Liferay's workflow engine?
Sandro Nala
March 8, 2010 8:30 AM
Answer

Sandro Nala

Recent Posts

I am also very interested
Michael C. Han
March 15, 2010 5:57 AM
Answer

Michael C. Han

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

We are still busy with the final implementation details, but you can see the XSD in trunk today (liferay-workflow-definition-6_0_0.xsd. At present, we are supporting the normal following types of nodes:
(1) State
(2) Fork
(3) Join
(4) Task

Actions are supported for each type of node (both onEntry and onExit). Instead of being Java code, actions are expressed in a scripting language (e.g. Javascript, Ruby, Python, Groovy). In the action script, you will be able to available Liferay APIs.
Brian Ko
May 26, 2010 10:36 AM
Answer

Brian Ko

Recent Posts

Michael,

I would like to test workflow in LR 6.0.1. Do you have any suggestion on where I can start?

Any documentation, link, or name of the java class I can read will be appreciated.

Brian Ko
Christoph Damm
July 12, 2010 2:35 AM
Answer

Christoph Damm

Recent Posts

Hi Michael.

I was playing around with Liferays workflow portlet (using KaleoWeb) using Liferay 6.0 RC2.
My main question is, wheter it is possible to scope workflow definitions more fine granular.
E.g. i got a single approver workflow for web content.
Now i want to achieve that web content has different reviewers relying on its category.
Is that something that is possible within liferays (or jbpm) business logic?
I'm thinking about something like...:
1) ordinary start state
2) Conditional transitions, evaluating the category of the web content
3) now different tasks with different swimlanes, the lanes defining the reviews via group id.
4) ordinary approve / reject

So the only thing i'm not sure if it will work is point 2, as i'm not sure how/if it's possible to check the web content category via condition.

Anyone could confirm my approach might work or if there's a more smart solution?

Kind regards,
Christoph
Christoph Damm
July 16, 2010 8:56 AM
Answer

Christoph Damm

Recent Posts

Hi everybody.

Try to setup 6.0.3 GA with jbpm, i build the jbpm-war from trunk, but how and where do i get the mule or servicemix war?

Kind regards,
Christoph
Alexey Kakunin
July 18, 2010 12:49 PM
Answer

Alexey Kakunin

Recent Posts

Hi!
In Liferay 6 neiver Mule nor ServiceMix is required to work with jBPM.
Liferay now has own workflow API and several implementation (kaleo and jBPM3 based). As well as it is possible to implement own (for example some time ago I've started jBPM4 based implementation - but should place it on hold due to time limit).

==
Alexey Kakunin
EmForge: Liferay Based Project Hosting Service
Christoph Damm
July 19, 2010 3:19 PM
Answer

Christoph Damm

Recent Posts

Hi Alexey,

thank you for your clarification.
I managed now to get jbpm3 running with Liferay 6.0.3GA.

As well i managed (with jbpm) to basically realize the scenario i described earlier by writing my own DecisionHandler that returns the transition name conditional to the category of an asset.

EDIT: Finally decided to write my own assignment handler to be more flexible and have no need to adapt the workflow if categories are added.

Kind regards,

Christoph
Sohui Gu
August 17, 2010 9:11 PM
Answer

Sohui Gu

Recent Posts

Thanks, Michael!!
Hope have some documents on How to develop portlet of some entity workflow!!!emoticonemoticon
Sohui Gu
August 17, 2010 9:17 PM
Answer

Sohui Gu

Recent Posts

Hi, Alexey!!

I am excited of seeing EmForge of Liferay Based Project Hosting Service..

Greet!!

Hope to try it!!!

Thanks!!

emoticonemoticonemoticon
Philip Teagle
August 19, 2010 8:39 AM
Answer

Philip Teagle

Recent Posts

Has anyone attempted to integrate Servicemix 4 with Liferay 6 yet? We are actively using Servicemix 3 with Liferay 5.2.3 with no issues.
Seyed Mohammad Hossein Jamali
November 16, 2010 5:28 AM
Answer

Recent Posts

Hi!

why by removing (undeploy) kaleo-web workflow links of Control Panel removed too ?
December 13, 2010 3:51 AM
Answer

Recent Posts

ok , i start from source code where there is no workflow engine , by deploying jbpm-web to liferay control panel items appear again.
December 13, 2010 3:58 AM
Answer

Recent Posts

Hi all

i deploy jbpm-web to liferay but there is no default definition. i saw files of jbpm-web that is located in tomcat folder in the webapps and there is definition folder that has single-approval-definition.xml.
also in control-panel>workflow i can not add New Workflow Definition !! liferay show red messages (error). i use single-approval-definition.xml for defining the definition but it didn't work !!!

please help
thanks
Alexey Kakunin
December 13, 2010 6:33 AM
Answer

Alexey Kakunin

Recent Posts

Hi!
If you got sources of jbpm-web, you should be able to build sample process-definition with using ant build-samples - it will place sample par (Process Archive) file into samples folder - that par need to be deployed into Liferay.

You may be also interested in jbpm4-web plugin - provided same functionality (but with using newest jBPM4.4 version) or activiti portlet (integration of Liferay with Activiti workflow engine).
Both are not in final state - but quite usable.

jBPM4 support: http://www.emforge.net/web/jbpm4-portlet
Activiti Support: http://www.emforge.net/web/activiti-liferay

==
Alexey Kakunin
EmForge: Liferay Based Project Hosting Service
December 19, 2010 12:08 AM
Answer

Recent Posts

Hi Alexey

I run build-sample and There is Single Approver.jar in the sample folder. how can i deploy it into liferay ?

Thanks
S.M.H.Jamali
Namrata Hangal
January 5, 2011 2:40 AM
Answer

Namrata Hangal

Recent Posts

Hi everybody,

Could anybody please direct me to any documentation on Liferay 6 and jBPM 3 integration?
What are the initial steps to be carried out?

What is the location of jBPM 3 in Liferay SVN? Also, how does one build it? I'm using Fedora Core 11.

I'm new to Liferay and exploring workflow in Liferay 6 right now... Specially focusing on jBPM 3.

Thanks!