« Back to Web Content...
Web Content Localization #
In order to localize a piece of Web Content in Liferay, you have to:
- Go to the edit view of the Web Content (e.g. by searching it in the Web Content Management portlet and clicking Actions->Edit)
- Select target language from the "Language" combo box.
- For pieces of content which have custom structure assigned, you have to check the "Localized"
- You may also select default language for the Web Content with a combo box next to the "Language" combo box. Default language decides, which language version will be presented to the user if there is none matching their language.
- Save the Web Content.
To test the localized Web Content just switch to a different language, e.g. by selecting appropriate language with the Language portlet.
- You can't localize the Abstract section or the Name field in the piece of Web Content (which makes Liferay l10n features quite useless for the Asset Publisher portlet)