Project Title #
The asset framework provides a set of functionalities that are common to several different content types. It was initially created to be able to add tags to blog entries, wiki pages, web content, etc without having to reimplement this same functionality over and over. Since then, it has grown to add more functionalities and it has been made possible to use the framework for custom applications even if they are implemented within a plugin.
The term asset is used as a generic way to refer to any type of content regardless of whether it's purely text, an external file, a URL, an image, an record in an online book library, etc.
Use Cases #
- Creating web content that includes video
- Managing (Versioning, workflow) for videos
The Problem #
The Solution #
For this project, add a new type of asset into Liferay's asset management system that is capable of handling video. This includes:
- New Asset Type for video
- Storage of Video asets into Liferay's document library
- Integration with local streaming services (e.g. a separate Digital Asset Management system)
- Integration with consumer video platforms (youtube, etc).
Skills Needed #
- Nice to have: Struts, Liferay, AlloyUI
- Complete code changes to Liferay 6 to enable video assets to be managed through Liferay's Asset and Web Content frameworks.
- Unit tests for all new and changed code.