Visual Designer - Spain
Are you a visual designer that specializes in graphics for user interfaces? Do you have experience designing interfaces for consumer products? Are you skilled in designing for scalability across platforms and products with a strong brand identity? If so, this might be your dream job.
We are looking for a talented and organized Visual Designer to be a part of our product team.
In this role, you will...
- Establish and reinforce consistent visual design patterns across channels (Desktop, Mobile and Tablet).
- Create beautiful interface designs that will make us stand up and applaud.
- Create pixel perfect visual designs.
- Work from final wireframes to create visual designs.
- Create specification documents and guidelines for the design team.
- Maintain our internal UI kit and help us develop an external-facing style guide.
- Work closely with Engineering and Product Management teams to implement your vision.
- Deep understanding of using use cases, user flows and information architecture as part of the design process.
- Understanding of user-centered design principles, current design and interaction trends.
- Significant experience creating highly-effective and beautiful user-focused interfaces across a variety of channels (mobile, web, etc).
- Strong illustration, iconography, and website design capabilities.
- Strong sense of brand identity across different product categories.
- Organized and detail oriented; meticulous file construction.
- Highly developed sense of aesthetics and interface trends.
- Familiarity with HTML and CSS and how they will be used to bring your beautiful designs to the web.
- Expert Adobe Suite skills (Photoshop, Illustrator).
- Demonstrated ability to work in collaborative, dynamic, team-based environments.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in Spanish and English.
Awesome, but what does Liferay offer me?
Liferay, Inc. is a leading provider of enterprise open source portal and collaboration software products, servicing Fortune 500 companies worldwide, including Allianz, Barclay's, BASF, Cisco Systems, Lufthansa Flight Training, Société Générale, The French Ministry of Defense, and the United Nations.
Working at Liferay is an opportunity to participate in an ethical, motivating, challenging and constantly expanding project within an international environment that offers the possibility developing a personal career according to your capabilities and preferences as part of the Liferay team.
Benefits and Perks
- A place to be yourself, in which everyone can grow personally
- Fast and powerful Mac or PC and a 24" monitor
- Flexibility to work remotely when the task allows for it
- Free healthy food in our kitchen. Tons of fruit, coffee, Tea, Cola-Cao or Nesquik, cookies diet...
- Health insurance for you and your family
- Sorry, we don't have a gym yet, but maybe in our next office
- No, we don't have an Xbox, Play2/3/X, but who need them when you enjoy your job so much ;)
- But above all, your happiness is important for the team. Money-back guarantee if you don't get enough daily smiles.
How to get this job
- A unique cover letter that explains why you're a good fit for this position.
- Your resume emphasizing any pertinent experience in your work history.
- URL to your portfolio site and anywhere else we can find your designs on the web (Dribbble, Behance, etc…). Bonus points for live links to current examples of your design in use.
When we look at your portfolio, we want to see...
- Pixel Perfect as a passion, not a goal.
- An excellent sense of typography and layout.
- Intuitive and highly functional flows.
- Interfaces with the user in mind, even in every pixel.