Foren

October 2011 Community Leadership Team Meetup: European Edition

thumbnail
James Falkner, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

October 2011 Community Leadership Team Meetup: European Edition

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 1399 Beitrittsdatum: 17.09.10 Neueste Beiträge
Hi All,

It's time again for our quarterly Community Leadership Meetup! Lots of activity has taken place over the summer, and this will be a good opportunity to get some closure on some, open others, and have a friendly chat about the future of the Liferay Community. I've arranged a poll on Doodle so you can indicate your preference for time. Note that I will be in Europe so all times are CEST. If you are attending either the Frankfurt or Madrid symposium, you are more than welcome to attend the leadership meeting in person as well!

Please visit the above link to indicate which of the 5 timeslots you will be available. If you have no preference, just pick all 5!

As far as Agenda, I'll send out an official one a few days before, but here's what I'm thinking:
  • Program Updates (100 PC, BugSquad, Verifier)
  • 6.1 CE release and Post-6.1 Community Roadmap
  • Follow-up: What Motivates Our Community? (Including discussion of the upcoming Poll/Survey)
  • Community Contest Ideas!
  • News from around the Community: Hungary Code Camp 2011, Radio Liferay, and more.

Looking forward to speaking with you all again!
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez P, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

RE: October 2011 Community Leadership Team Meetup: European Edition

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 3089 Beitrittsdatum: 28.10.08 Neueste Beiträge
Hi James,

I'll be in Madrid Symposium. I will attend there if there isn't a problem.
thumbnail
Corné Aussems, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 1313 Beitrittsdatum: 03.10.06 Neueste Beiträge
i do not really comprehend the in person meeting, but Maarten and I are both present in Frankfurt.
and looking forward in meeting everyone in person.
thumbnail

Corné Aussems:
i do not really comprehend the in person meeting, but Maarten and I are both present in Frankfurt.
and looking forward in meeting everyone in person.

Well, depending on what timeslot we choose, I will either be in Madrid or Frankfurt. So if you are in Frankfurt, and the team chooses one of the timeslots for next week, then you can attend in person. Otherwise, you can attend via skype.
thumbnail
Corné Aussems, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 1313 Beitrittsdatum: 03.10.06 Neueste Beiträge
Call me emoticon but neither of these dates are during any of the symposia and to be honest Offenbach is not nice enough to stay another day ;)
thumbnail

James Falkner:
Hi All,

It's time again for our quarterly Community Leadership Meetup! Lots of activity has taken place over the summer, and this will be a good opportunity to get some closure on some, open others, and have a friendly chat about the future of the Liferay Community. I've arranged a poll on Doodle so you can indicate your preference for time. Note that I will be in Europe so all times are CEST. If you are attending either the Frankfurt or Madrid symposium, you are more than welcome to attend the leadership meeting in person as well!

Please visit the above link to indicate which of the 5 timeslots you will be available. If you have no preference, just pick all 5!

As far as Agenda, I'll send out an official one a few days before, but here's what I'm thinking:
  • 6.1 CE release and Post-6.1 Community Roadmap
  • Follow-up: What Motivates Our Community? (Including discussion of the upcoming Poll/Survey)
  • Community Contest Ideas!
  • News from around the Community: Hungary Code Camp 2011, Radio Liferay, and more.

Ok, based on everyone's availability I am going to choose the following time for our next meeting:

Tuesday, October 25, at 15:00 CEST (9:00am in New York).

Since this meeting will be over skype, I will need your skype id (you can send it to me via email). I have the following members' skype id's already: Corne A, Dave W, Deb T, Drew B, Maarten, Milan J, Szymon G, Tobias K, Juan G, Tomas P, Yousri B.

If you are in Madrid on Oct 25, let me know via email and we'll arrange a meeting place!
thumbnail

James Falkner:
James Falkner:
Hi All,

Ok, based on everyone's availability I am going to choose the following time for our next meeting:

Tuesday, October 25, at 15:00 CEST (9:00am in New York).

Since this meeting will be over skype, I will need your skype id (you can send it to me via email). I have the following members' skype id's already: Corne A, Dave W, Deb T, Drew B, Maarten, Milan J, Szymon G, Tobias K, Juan G, Tomas P, Yousri B.

If you are in Madrid on Oct 25, let me know via email and we'll arrange a meeting place!

Hi all,

We are set for tomorrow's meeting via skype. I will initiate a chat about 30 minutes before the call, so we can round everyone up. The final agenda shall be:

• 6.1 CE release and Post-6.1 Community Roadmap, Ideation Requirements
  • Contest Ideas!
  • News from around the Community: Hungary Code Camp 2011, Radio Liferay, User Group activities, etc
  • Open Discussion
thumbnail

Hey All,

I have created a document for us to follow along (along with some notes). This document should be readable by everyone. I will attempt to take minutes as well, during the call!
thumbnail

James Falkner:
Hey All,

I have created a document for us to follow along (along with some notes). This document should be readable by everyone. I will attempt to take minutes as well, during the call!

Thanks to all for participating on the call 2 weeks back. The same document holds some notes I took during the meeting. The TODO's are:

• James: Generate a list of potential Community Verifier issues, on a per-component basis (to lessen the fear when faced with 400+ verifier bugs)
  • James: Improve dashboard to show such results
  • Szymon: come up with list of video topics to address new Liferay features and other "liferay for dummies" topics. Once we have this list, we'll start creating some simple community-driven library of videos.
  • James: ask design team to come up with university outreach presentation template. (I filed this request today FYI).
  • James: follow-up with Juan on LSUG template and SWAG plan that LSUG is going to do with University outreach.
  • Juan: Organize a university outreach program package (including presentation, and other pre-canned stuff).
  • Corne: finish list of survey questions for "what motivates our community".

I'll be checking up on this list periodically emoticon
thumbnail

Quick update on progress on the below TODOs in preparation for January's leadership meeting:

James Falkner:

James: Generate a list of potential Community Verifier issues, on a per-component basis (to lessen the fear when faced with 400+ verifier bugs)
James: Improve dashboard to show such results

Status: Not Started (but I'll get on this now that I'm reminded of it)

Szymon: come up with list of video topics to address new Liferay features and other "liferay for dummies" topics. Once we have this list, we'll start creating some simple community-driven library of videos.

To some degree we have started on this with the advent of the Community Video Submissions. No submission yet, but we have 3 volunteers. Hopefully when a couple of videos are produced we'll see more activity. I also intend to create a "howto" video.

James: ask design team to come up with university outreach presentation template. (I filed this request today FYI).
James: follow-up with Juan on LSUG template and SWAG plan that LSUG is going to do with University outreach.
Juan: Organize a university outreach program package (including presentation, and other pre-canned stuff).

These are all interconnected. Juan has already scheduled one or more university meetings in Spain. I'm working on a list of deliverables for this, so I expect we should make some progress on this in early January.

Corne: finish list of survey questions for "what motivates our community".

Corne? emoticon