Foren

Extending Message Board portlet

Nico M, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

Extending Message Board portlet

New Member Beiträge: 5 Beitrittsdatum: 06.10.11 Neueste Beiträge
Hello,

I am looking for advice on how to extend the existing message board portlet in Liferay by adding more functionality. I've been Googling, reading up on the documentation as well as studying the source code but I still can't figure out quite how I should approach this (or perhaps: what is the best approach).

An example of the types of added functionality I would like to implement, is to include some ranking functionality to the individual MB posts, in addition to the existing user ratings. With such an extension, would it be best to add a completely new service, or should I try to extend or even override existing MB-classes?

A related question is also wether I should I develop a Hook or an ext-plugin for this kind of extension?
Obviously, if I were to override existing source I have to go for ext-plugin, but in my mind this would not be a good idea. Especially since I do not want to change existing functionality, just add new. So my question here is if it is possible to add new services to a Hook, and use them in conjuction with the original MB-classes (for instance MBMessage, MBStatsUser, etc.), or does this also need to be implemented as an Ext-plugin.

I am obviously still quite the newbie so any advice would be greatly appreciated! emoticon
Nico M, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

RE: Extending Message Board portlet

New Member Beiträge: 5 Beitrittsdatum: 06.10.11 Neueste Beiträge
Still need advice here, anyone? emoticon
thumbnail
ritresh girdhar, geändert vor 9 Jahren.

Junior Member Beiträge: 67 Beitrittsdatum: 15.07.11 Neueste Beiträge
Have anyone tried this?. I also want to implement the same. Please share ,if some one successfully implemented the same.
thumbnail
Mika Koivisto, geändert vor 9 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 1519 Beitrittsdatum: 07.08.06 Neueste Beiträge
I've extended the MB portlet with a hook. Here's one example.