Foren

Merging multiple Web Content pieces within one Web Content via velocity.

thumbnail
Sarah Giles, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

Merging multiple Web Content pieces within one Web Content via velocity.

Junior Member Beiträge: 61 Beitrittsdatum: 19.07.11 Neueste Beiträge
I have some web content that may appear in different places and in different formats(inclosed by different html structure.)

I have some that may be displayed individually or grouped together. Currently if we want A, B and C article to be displayed together then we copy and past them into a new web content with its own Markup, JS, and CSS attached to it. I'm afraid this repetitive storage of content, structure and styles is going to make it difficult to upkeep. Actually there is not thinking it I KNOW this is bad and will cause problems later.

What I want to do is create a structure that takes the ID for these various web content pieces then in that template I can pull the body and title of each of the web contents and display them where they need to go.

If I have the ID in a web content portlet how can I fetch the journal article and get the data from the other web content?
thumbnail
Sagar A Vyas, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

RE: Merging multiple Web Content pieces within one Web Content via velocity

Liferay Master Beiträge: 679 Beitrittsdatum: 17.04.09 Neueste Beiträge
HI Sarah,

I have some web content that may appear in different places and in different formats(inclosed by different html structure.)[
I have some that may be displayed individually or grouped togethe

Can you do it with asset publisher portlet ?

Thanks,
Sagar Vyas
thumbnail

One of these is for a design the designers have made that uses UI tabs so each tab is a separate piece of content. the html, css, and js have all been built out that run them. can asset publisher do this? If so How?
We have several of these requirements that all boil down to this and each time we put them on the page it causes conflicts.
thumbnail

I guess what I really need is a web asset publisher that allows you to use a Velocity template to display the assets. Does the Current Liferay Web Asset publisher portlet allow this?
thumbnail
Sagar A Vyas, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

Liferay Master Beiträge: 679 Beitrittsdatum: 17.04.09 Neueste Beiträge
Sarah Giles:
I guess what I really need is a web asset publisher that allows you to use a Velocity template to display the assets. Does the Current Liferay Web Asset publisher portlet allow this?

Hi Sarah,

For this you need look around asset publisher.

May below help you

http://www.liferay.com/community/wiki/-/wiki/Main/New+Features+in+Liferay+Portal+v6.0
http://www.liferay.com/web/craig.kaneko/blog/-/blogs/964852

Thanks,
Sagar Vyas
thumbnail

Thanks,
These two links look like they will be a big help and I am going to spend the better part of the day working on them hopefully.

Though I think what would be optimal would be better features in the Web Asset Display to allow for VM templates.
thumbnail
Deb Troxel, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

Junior Member Beiträge: 81 Beitrittsdatum: 22.02.10 Neueste Beiträge
Here's another link that may help
http://www.liferay.com/web/barrie.selack/blog/-/blogs/embedding-a-portlet-in-web-content
You can embed one web content within another...