Foren

MAC Liferay IDE 1.5.0

thumbnail
Jubril Oyesiji, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

MAC Liferay IDE 1.5.0

Junior Member Beiträge: 35 Beitrittsdatum: 09.02.12 Neueste Beiträge
Hello,
I downloaded eclipse_Liferay_IDE_1.5.0_v201201102224-macosx-x86_64.tar.gz from the website and i unzipped the file and executed eclipse but for some reason the eclipse IDE does not come up. the eclipse icon keeps flashing on the dock and when i click the eclipse icon it disappears. I tried it on my two mac computers and am getting the same result. On windows it works perfectly. Does anyone have a solution to this?

I am using
MAC OS X Lion 10.7.3
thumbnail
Gregory Amerson, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

RE: MAC Liferay IDE 1.5.0

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 1123 Beitrittsdatum: 16.02.10 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Jubril,

It may be a permissions issue on the Eclipse binary executable contained in the Eclipse.App. could you check it manually? You may need to execute "chmod +x Eclipse" and try again.
thumbnail
Jubril Oyesiji, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

Junior Member Beiträge: 35 Beitrittsdatum: 09.02.12 Neueste Beiträge
Hello,
It was not the chmod, after two days it finally worked my solution was to replace the Liferay eclipse binary executable with one that i downloaded from eclipse.org, and now everything is okay

Jubril
thumbnail

Sorry for the trouble. I now have access to a Mac OS X 10.7 workstation to perform my own test locally. So when we upload 1.5.1 in a few days I'll make sure the Mac bundles are not broken.
thumbnail
Michele Zanarotti, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

Junior Member Beiträge: 94 Beitrittsdatum: 20.02.12 Neueste Beiträge
Hello.
Here we found the same permission problem in the .app file, at least for mac os x 64 bit.

But there's also the problem in downloading the files. If you download it from the drop down menu in the liferay site, choosing the mac os 64 bit version leads you to download the linux version anyway.

In order to get the mac os 64 bit working we had to :
1. go to the sourceforge page.
2. find the right zipped file for mac osx 64bit.
3. after unzipping change permissions for execution to the binary eclipse file inside Eclipse.app.
thumbnail

Michele Zanarotti:
Hello.
Here we found the same permission problem in the .app file, at least for mac os x 64 bit.

But there's also the problem in downloading the files. If you download it from the drop down menu in the liferay site, choosing the mac os 64 bit version leads you to download the linux version anyway.

In order to get the mac os 64 bit working we had to :
1. go to the sourceforge page.
2. find the right zipped file for mac osx 64bit.
3. after unzipping change permissions for execution to the binary eclipse file inside Eclipse.app.

Thanks Michele for pointing out the broken download link. That is now fixed. As far as the executable bit I will try to get that fixed in the next version IDE.