Foren

JVM and GC Settings- Memory Leak Issue

thumbnail
Manish Kumar Jaiswal, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

JVM and GC Settings- Memory Leak Issue

Regular Member Beiträge: 153 Beitrittsdatum: 25.11.08 Neueste Beiträge
I am facing some memory leak issues at my prodution Servers , In order to solve those I decided to tune my JVM Settings and GC Settings ..,
My Servers are in cloud Enviornment and there are 4 tomcat servers behind an apache loadbalancer , each Server have 4 cores and 34.2 GB of RAM
..hence I have decided to go with following settings

-XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSParallelRemarkEnabled -XXemoticonarallelGCThreads=4
-XX:+CMSCompactWhenClearAllSoftRefs -XX:CMSInitiatingOccupancyFraction=85

-server -XX:NewSize=3192m -XX:MaxNewSize=3192m -Xms9G -Xmx9G -XX:MaxPermSize=512m -
XX:SurvivorRatio=6 –XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=90 –XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=15

the settings till now was follwing
-Xms6G -Xmx6G -XX:MaxPermSize=1G -server

Can somebody verify these settings and correct me if I am wrong somewhere (I have still not tried this but want to verify these first!!)

Regards
Manish
thumbnail
Steven Mileham, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

RE: JVM and GC Settings- Memory Leak Issue

New Member Beiträge: 10 Beitrittsdatum: 30.11.10 Neueste Beiträge
Looks very similar to the config we've been using (although we're on Weblogic behind the Apache servers)

-Xms2500m -Xmx2500m -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -XX: PermSize=512m -XX:MaxPermSize=512m 
-XX:CMSFullGCsBeforeCompaction=1 -XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=128m -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:SurvivorRatio=8
-XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=90 -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=31 -XX:+CMSIncrementalMode -XX:+CMSIncrementalPacing -XX:CMSIncrementalDutyCycleMin=0
-XX:CMSIncrementalDutyCycle=10 -XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled -XX: ParallelGCThreads=8 -XX:NewSize=1024m -XX:MaxNewSize=1024m

(also, the forums really shouldn't replace : P with a emoticon in a code block, grrr)