Foren

liferay 5.1.1 tomcat 6 bundle

Alexander Lendl, geändert vor 15 Jahren.

liferay 5.1.1 tomcat 6 bundle

New Member Beiträge: 23 Beitrittsdatum: 07.01.08 Neueste Beiträge
hi liferay guys!

why do you use the „old“ tomcat 6.0.16 release for the current liferay tomcat 6 bundle?

there have been many bugfixes in the .17 and current .18 release. above all there is a problem with the tomcat EL and JSF 1.2 in the .16 version. since 6.0.17 there is an additional system property (org.apache.el.parser.COERCE_TO_ZERO ) to solve this issue.

https://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=43285#c7
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/changelog.html
Mike K., geändert vor 15 Jahren.

RE: liferay 5.1.1 tomcat 6 bundle

New Member Beiträge: 12 Beitrittsdatum: 21.12.07 Neueste Beiträge
That would be great! We also need a newer version of tomcat 6...
thumbnail
Behemoth ., geändert vor 15 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 19 Beitrittsdatum: 03.08.08 Neueste Beiträge
This is actually serious question. But - without answer...
thumbnail
Tobias Amon, geändert vor 15 Jahren.

Liferay Master Beiträge: 546 Beitrittsdatum: 08.08.07 Neueste Beiträge
Hi,

do you need a bundled version?

There are really good guides how to create your own installation without a bundled version.

Actually that's just few steps:
1. Install tomcat
2. Download war
3. Download dependencies war
4. Create datasource in tomcat (you can use the one from a bundled version)
5. Create Realm and mail configuration (you can use the one from a bundled version)
6. Unzip war to webapps folder (maybe inside ROOT)
7. Unzip dependencies war into lib/ext folder
8. Add lib/ext folder to catalina.properties (see bundled version)

That's it.

kind regards
Tobias

Hello Tobias,

thanks a lot for your reply. We already did this, but it was not as easy as described here. For example we had exception from jackrabbit regarding missing derby libs.

The question was, if there is any good reason why liferay is still bundled with the .16 version? Newer tomcat versions are available for months.

---

Unfortunately we also have many other open issues with liferay (I’m sure some of them just exist, because we did something wrong). Perhaps you can answer one of them? Any help would be greatly appreciated...

E.g. we didn’t manage to upgrade from our 5.0.1 version without problems. Although we tried the param for the old properties, we had role/rights issues with guest users. So we setup a clean 5.1.1 version and tried to export/import our 5.0.1 journal contents, but this was not possible.
*) How can we get all our existing 5.0.1 pages in the new 5.1.1 database?
*) Liferay doesn’t save the adjusted timezone properly. Sometimes we have “Samoa” instead of GMT+1.
*) The new chat portlet cannot handle German “Umlaute” (eg öäü) and we didn’t find a config param to solve this.
*) We didn’t find a way to allow users to modify their own Blog-posts after saving.
*) …

Thanks in advance!
Alexander
thumbnail

Hi,

we never migrated from one version to another as we know that there are always problems.

I think there is no way to import 5.0.1 content into 5.1.1 version directly.
You may have to updated 5.0.1 to 5.1.1 (even if you have problems with authorisation) to be able to export content from a 5.1.1 version.

Then make your clean setup of 5.1.1 and import the "upgraded" content into this instance which has the same version.

kind regards
Tobias

Great! We will try that...

Thanks!
thumbnail
Azizi B. Yazit @ Ahmad Zawawi, geändert vor 14 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 6 Beitrittsdatum: 09.04.09 Neueste Beiträge
@Tobias

Hello friend,

I need an urgent help about how to use liferay which means, I want to edit it in eclipse.
There is a lot of guides, however all is missing something important for me as a beginner in liferay.

I hope senior like you could help junior like me. I need to use liferay (portlets) in my current project. If I can't setup liferay in eclipse and deploy it in tomcat, there is no way I can do my work.

Please help me. And please reply to this post even the question is really sound newbie.

Best Regard

Azizi Yazit
Thomas Kellerer, geändert vor 15 Jahren.

Expert Beiträge: 490 Beitrittsdatum: 09.06.08 Neueste Beiträge
Tobias Amon:

2. Download war
3. Download dependencies war

I'm a bit confused about these

On sourceforge there are three different files:

liferay-portal-5.1.1-with-dependencies.war
liferay-portal-5.1.1.war
liferay-portal-dependencies-5.1.1.zip

liferay-portal-5.1.1-with-dependencies.war is slightly bigger than liferay-portal-5.1.1.war.

So can I simply drop liferay-portal-5.1.1-with-dependencies.war into a Tomcat? (of course after adding the necessary configurations)

How do I know which files to copy into lib/ext?
thumbnail

Hi,

liferay-portal-5.1.1-with-dependencies.war contains all libraries which will be placed in the webapps folder. Thus other portlets (deployed as separate war files) are not able to make use of these libraries.

If you want to deploy your own portlets accessing portal-service.jar or portal-kernel.jar the best approach is to download the 2 separate files (liferay-portal-5.1.1.war, liferay-portal-dependencies-5.1.1.zip) and to unpack it to the correct location.

If you don't want to deploy new portlets accessing liferay files you can use "liferay-portal-5.1.1-with-dependencies.war"

kind regards
Tobias
Mike K., geändert vor 15 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 12 Beitrittsdatum: 21.12.07 Neueste Beiträge
I can't believe it. The new 5.1.2 version is still bundled with the old buggy tomcat 6.0.16. WHY???