Foren

How to dynamically set up a page and portlets

Hervé DARRITCHON, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

How to dynamically set up a page and portlets

New Member Beitrag: 1 Beitrittsdatum: 02.04.12 Neueste Beiträge
Hye,

We are currently developping a PoC ("proof of concept") with Liferay 6.0.5 in it.
We'd like to be able to set up the page (template, layout and theme) depending on the subject the user is dealing with.
We also would like to be able to push different set of porplets depending on the subject.

Let me explain our needs :
A user is dealing with a order of a Car then liferay is pushing some portlets and a layout different than if he was ordering a boat for example.
We can't solve this problem through rights and roles.

Is it possible to use velocity to dynamically set up the pages and portlets displayed.

Thanks

Hervé
thumbnail
Mayur Patel, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

RE: How to dynamically set up a page and portlets

Expert Beiträge: 358 Beitrittsdatum: 17.11.10 Neueste Beiträge
I'm not sure this thing can be possible to push some portlets depends on subject.

you can refer this link,
Programmatically Create a Layout and Place a Portlet on it

Thanks
thumbnail
amit doshi, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

Liferay Master Beiträge: 550 Beitrittsdatum: 29.12.10 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Hervé DARRITCHON,

I think you can create different page template and inside the page template you can define the portlet layout and also put the required portlets on it.

And in your case you need to make the different page templates according to your Subjects.

Suppose you have 4 subjects then you have to make 4 page template and call dynamically according to your need.

Hope this helps.

Thanks & Regards,
Amit Doshi
thumbnail
Mayur Patel, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

Expert Beiträge: 358 Beitrittsdatum: 17.11.10 Neueste Beiträge
Thanks amit for reply, that's correct, Page template can solve his problem, just to call based on the subject defined.