Foren

Need help to import an excel file

Sofiane May, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Need help to import an excel file

New Member Beiträge: 3 Beitrittsdatum: 02.05.12 Neueste Beiträge
Hi guys,
I have an excel document that contains charts with links on them . I am using liferay 6.0 .
Is it possible to import this document to a liferay portal and still being to click on to those links?
If yes, how can I do that please?
Thanks
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

RE: Need help to import an excel file

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 7942 Beitrittsdatum: 24.03.10 Neueste Beiträge
Just upload your excel file to Document and Media folder. You can just download the file to use it.
Sofiane May, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 3 Beitrittsdatum: 02.05.12 Neueste Beiträge
Thanks for your help,
But can you tell me what portlet should I use?
If my excel contains charts that have links would they be accessible?
Thanks again
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 14914 Beitrittsdatum: 02.09.06 Neueste Beiträge
Hitoshi's method is to use the doc library directly. Your excel file is not processed or extracted in any way, it just becomes a downloadable document. So the links/charts inside the excel file are still valid, you just wouldn't see or use them any way within Liferay itself.
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 7942 Beitrittsdatum: 24.03.10 Neueste Beiträge
Well, we actually have a tool to create pages from excel sheets and ms word documents keeping the links valid. Neverthess, this is part of our ThemiStruct EIP solution package (ThemiStrut is our open source solution package (software, customization, development, support, maintenance) line-up. I did tell that I've been busy developing software and service menus while doing this. :-)).

Just using the document library is a simple way to save data on Liferay even though it has some limitations such as links not working. (We're offering our software service on a low initial cost monthly license scheme. I'm not sure if Liferay's MarketPlace supports this option.)