Foren

render method issue..

thumbnail
Muzakir Khan, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

render method issue..

Regular Member Beiträge: 112 Beitrittsdatum: 15.03.12 Neueste Beiträge
Suppose there are two portlets say Portlet A and Portlet B. now if there is a request for portlet A from web portal, the portlet A’s render method
is invoked. The content is generated for portlet A, and it’s returned to the portlet
container. Even though the render request was made only for portlet A, the portlet container
invokes portlet B’s render method too.. Now my question is, why is that even though the render req was made only for portlet A, the portlet container even invokes portlet B's render method too?.. Is it the drawback or advantage in Portal Technology?..

Thanks
Khan
thumbnail

RE: render method issue..

Any body plz help me out to overcome this doubt?..
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 14914 Beitrittsdatum: 02.09.06 Neueste Beiträge
Only the action method is called on portlet A.

When rendering the page post-action, the portal will call the render method on all portlets on the page in order to build the aggregated page.

BTW, this is a question from portal development 101. Please, before you get too far, take a Liferay development course or read the Liferay in Action book or something...
thumbnail

David H Nebinger:
Only the action method is called on portlet A.

When rendering the page post-action, the portal will call the render method on all portlets on the page in order to build the aggregated page.

BTW, this is a question from portal development 101. Please, before you get too far, take a Liferay development course or read the Liferay in Action book or something...

Thanks David.. Actually I am reading Manning Portlets in Action book.. There I got this doubt, It was not explained why the render method for all portlets is called. Thats why I posted it..
thumbnail
Manish Yadav, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Expert Beiträge: 493 Beitrittsdatum: 26.05.12 Neueste Beiträge
if you don't want to call render method of portlet B.Then you need to use Ajax .serviceResouce method need to call for ajax call.
Subhash Shah, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Junior Member Beiträge: 78 Beitrittsdatum: 30.11.11 Neueste Beiträge
This is part of more refined request handling process of portlets.
It is actually part of Java Portlet Specification 1.0.
It says "Normally, a client request triggered by an action URL translates into one action request and many render requests, one per portlet in the portal page. A client request triggered by a render URL translates into many render requests, one per portlet in the portal page."