Foren

Enable Maximize/Minimize Icon for the role "User"

Kevin Cho, geändert vor 15 Jahren.

Enable Maximize/Minimize Icon for the role "User"

New Member Beiträge: 5 Beitrittsdatum: 18.10.08 Neueste Beiträge
As of now I'm just pulling my hair out! I'm sure it's very simple but I can't seem to find a way. When I login as "Administrator" then everything shows including Maximize/Minimize icon but not for the role "User". If possible is their way to configure this at "Portlet" level? I don't want every portlet to have maximize/minimize. I did see the option for portlet-ext.properties to let "Guest" to have maximize/minimize icon but I wanted to be "User" and don't want to set this at global level. By the way, great work! I love liferay now. In advance, thanks for the response and I'm sure I'll be asking a lot more stupid questions.

Update: I am using the liferay 5.1.2
thumbnail
kamalkant rajput, geändert vor 15 Jahren.

RE: Enable Maximize/Minimize Icon for the role "User"

Expert Beiträge: 266 Beitrittsdatum: 10.04.08 Neueste Beiträge
Kevin Cho:
As of now I'm just pulling my hair out! I'm sure it's very simple but I can't seem to find a way. When I login as "Administrator" then everything shows including Maximize/Minimize icon but not for the role "User". If possible is their way to configure this at "Portlet" level? I don't want every portlet to have maximize/minimize. I did see the option for portlet-ext.properties to let "Guest" to have maximize/minimize icon but I wanted to be "User" and don't want to set this at global level. By the way, great work! I love liferay now. In advance, thanks for the response and I'm sure I'll be asking a lot more stupid questions.

Update: I am using the liferay 5.1.2

Hi,
First of all I wanted to tell you that no question is "stupid". you do it using portlet.vm by placing some condition there.
thumbnail
Ray Augé, geändert vor 15 Jahren.

Re: [Liferay Forums][3. Development] RE: Enable Maximize/Minimize Icon for

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 1197 Beitrittsdatum: 08.02.05 Neueste Beiträge
> Maximize/Minimize icon but not for the role "User". If possible is
> their way to configure this at "Portlet" level?

Not out of the box. That behavior exists only if the user has "Manage
Pages" on the community or "Update" on the page.

HTH!
Kevin Cho, geändert vor 15 Jahren.

RE: Re: [Liferay Forums][3. Development] RE: Enable Maximize/Minimize Icon

New Member Beiträge: 5 Beitrittsdatum: 18.10.08 Neueste Beiträge
Really? That's really surprising. I can see many business case they'd like to have maximize/minimize icon. I did see a way to create a link that'll maximize the portlet but I really prefer the default "+" "-" icon on upper right corner of the portlet. Seems like a great penalty to let "User" to have "Update"/"Manage Pages" for a min/max... I just want users to "view" only w/ minimize/maximize which I think is still "view". Didn't think I had to tweak Liferay already for this common functionality but I'll try to create new theme and play with .vm files.

Also, do you guys know the link to .vm specification? looks like custom liferay expression language their. I couldn't find the resource. Again, thanks for the response!
James Wang, geändert vor 10 Jahren.

RE: Re: [Liferay Forums][3. Development] RE: Enable Maximize/Minimize Icon

New Member Beiträge: 4 Beitrittsdatum: 16.09.13 Neueste Beiträge
agree! maximize and minimize function are belong to view mode.
I also ever used IBM Webshpere Portal, it support these function under view mode
so anyone can tell how to meet the requirement?