Foren

Major specification downgrade at liferay.com

thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Major specification downgrade at liferay.com

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 7942 Beitrittsdatum: 24.03.10 Neueste Beiträge
There seems to have some changes at liferay.com site to make it less usable.
I often used to go to My Profile and look at my past posts (past activities). Unfortunately, "Activities" only displays only a few most recent activities and not all the past activities. When I wanted to search for some posts I made earlier, I used to click the link in "Summary" portlet. Unfortunately, this portlet has recently been changed to not just hide my photo but also the link to all my past activities.

I really don't know what prompted these changes, but it would be a great benefit if liferay.com employees would first post in the forum what changes they are planning and let us vote on it. I really would like to see a way to view my past posts back in place.emoticon
thumbnail
James Falkner, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

RE: Major specification downgrade at liferay.com

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 1399 Beitrittsdatum: 17.09.10 Neueste Beiträge
Your profile seems correct to me - I can see all your posts with the Summary portlet link, and I see your pic. I don't remember ever being able to browse all my past activities (e.g. with some sort of paginated next/back pager in the Activities portlet).

You might be catching some updates going on in support of Marketplace - but there's no intentional move to erase past history or make profiles less usable.
thumbnail
Szymon Gołębiewski, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Regular Member Beiträge: 246 Beitrittsdatum: 08.06.09 Neueste Beiträge
Damn. My profile doesn't work at all emoticon

UPDATE: OK, I found a BUG. This "Go to my home" link should point not to http://www.liferay.com/web/<USER>/home but to http://www.liferay.com/web/<USER>/profile. Also where is "My Friends" portlet now? I still can "Add as friend" other users but there is no option to mange them in my profile :|
thumbnail
Amos Fong, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 2047 Beitrittsdatum: 07.10.08 Neueste Beiträge
Szymon,

There's a short period of time where the pages are being created after you login (only happens once per user). In that period your /home page may not be created yet. Is it still not working?
thumbnail

Amos, I think it would be great if liferay.com would announce upcoming changes and give guidance to what we may have to do before doing it. This will probably drastically reduce complaints.
Most people in enterprise IT departments don't like "surprises".
thumbnail
Amos Fong, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 2047 Beitrittsdatum: 07.10.08 Neueste Beiträge
Hitoshi Ozawa:
Amos, I think it would be great if liferay.com would announce upcoming changes and give guidance to what we may have to do before doing it. This will probably drastically reduce complaints.
Most people in enterprise IT departments don't like "surprises".

I agree. I think we made an announcement on the forums but maybe it wasn't prominent or detailed enough.
thumbnail
Szymon Gołębiewski, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Regular Member Beiträge: 246 Beitrittsdatum: 08.06.09 Neueste Beiträge
It's working fine now. Thanks.
thumbnail

My bad on this. The profile looked different. I'm able to see all my posts by clicking on my "Activities Details".