Foren

Running Social Office 2.0 on Liferay-CE-6.1 GA2 (Urgent)

evans notcker, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Running Social Office 2.0 on Liferay-CE-6.1 GA2 (Urgent)

New Member Beiträge: 22 Beitrittsdatum: 24.03.12 Neueste Beiträge
Hi,
Did someone success to run Social Office 2.0 on liferay-CE-6.1 GA2?
Thanks you very much
Vladislav Saradzhev, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

RE: Running Social Office 2.0 on Liferay-CE-6.1 GA2 (Urgent)

New Member Beitrag: 1 Beitrittsdatum: 05.08.12 Neueste Beiträge
I have a problem with docbar after Social Office portlet install.
Other portlet from Social office work fine.
thumbnail
Sampsa Sohlman, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Regular Member Beiträge: 230 Beitrittsdatum: 27.09.07 Neueste Beiträge
During the installation from Marketplace I got some stack traces regarding missing roles, but after installation these roles where added correctly.

I'm going to try out take SO 2.0 to real use on next week. I can keep thread this up to date.
thumbnail
Mika Koivisto, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 1519 Beitrittsdatum: 07.08.06 Neueste Beiträge
If you try to run it on portal with multiple instances it doesn't work. I've already reported that issue to SO team.
Brad Sturgill, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 5 Beitrittsdatum: 04.02.11 Neueste Beiträge
I have been successful in getting SO 2.0 running in GA2. However there are a few features that don't seem to be working quite right yet. For example, the hook is supposed to provide a notification event when somebody requests membership to a site, it is also supposed to send an email at the same time. The email works fine but the notification is not created.

There is code in MemberRequestLocalServiceImpl.java that is supposed to do a sendNotificationEvent(memberRequest) but it doesn't seem to be doing anything. This is right after the sendEmail request so I am pretty sure it is being called. It is likely creating an error that is not logged and there is no trap for errors.

Anybody else having trouble with this?
thumbnail
Matt Fulford, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 17 Beitrittsdatum: 06.04.09 Neueste Beiträge
I'm also having problems getting SO running. I have 6.1.1 CE GA2, and have downloaded and deployed the SO .lpkg file from marketplace. The so-hook does some stuff on deployment, and the guest group public pages get the so-welcome-theme applied (showing a link to dashboard), but nothing else seems to have happened. From previous experience of social office, I was expecting the user public and private pages to get the so-theme applied with a particular set of portlets on them, but they've remained the same as the standard Liferay user pages.

I've tried many things such as:
  • Downloaded 6.1.1 GA2 portal distro
  • Built portal from 6.1.x branch
  • Built so plugins from 6.1.x branch
  • Restarted portal following SO app deployment
  • Download and deploy the .lpkg file as well as installed through marketplace portlet
  • Deleted the HSQL database following deployment

Any ideas greatly appreciated!
Brad Sturgill, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

New Member Beitrag: 1 Beitrittsdatum: 22.03.11 Neueste Beiträge
Matt, I managed to get so to work by installing the bundle from the download page and then I picked up the social office plugin from the marketplace and let it do its install. I then shutdown tomcat and restarted. Oh, you do have to indicate that the user is a SO user by assigning that user a role of Social Office User (this seems to be true regardless of other roles). At this point it should be good to go. It is possible that I forgot something but the key seemed to be assigning the Social Office User role. You may need to change the look and feel of the user site pages to reflect the Social Office Theme for existing users. New users should be set once you give them the Social Office User role.

I hope that helps.
thumbnail
Matt Fulford, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 17 Beitrittsdatum: 06.04.09 Neueste Beiträge
Thanks Brad! That was the key step I was missing.

Cheers,
Matt
Phillip Roe, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 6 Beitrittsdatum: 10.07.12 Neueste Beiträge
Hey Brad,

Please, how did u add the Social Office Role to the user. I do not have access to the dockbar, so the Control Panel is not accessible and cannot modify the site contents and layout.

Any ideas?

Looking forward hearing news about it.

Best regards,

Phillip
thumbnail
Vicki Lea Tsang, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Junior Member Beiträge: 49 Beitrittsdatum: 18.04.11 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Phillip,

Did you have access to the dockbar before you installed Social Office? Were there any exceptions in the console while you were installing?

Thanks, Vicki
Phillip Roe, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 6 Beitrittsdatum: 10.07.12 Neueste Beiträge
Hey Vicki,

Actually I installed SO and realized that I needed to upgrade Liferay. Then, did that and entered and reinstalled SO. After that Dockbar dissappeared. In the log console says that Role for company id number is not found and appears the XML control for Social Office User : ...

I checked the database and could not find that role assign to any user, so I tried to assign it but did not know how manually. Through the interfase,as I have no access to the dockbar could not get to the users area.

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,

Phillip Roe
Vicki Lea Tsang:
Hi Phillip,

Did you have access to the dockbar before you installed Social Office? Were there any exceptions in the console while you were installing?

Thanks, Vicki
Xav NYC, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 23 Beitrittsdatum: 27.09.12 Neueste Beiträge
Hi,

Do you have multiple portal instances in your Liferay installation?
I had the same problem and I just figured out that the multiple instances were the culprit.
I wonder if this issue will be fixed by the Social Office team but for now it seems that Social Office is incompatible with multiple instances.

X.
thumbnail
Jonathan Lee, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 14 Beitrittsdatum: 16.09.10 Neueste Beiträge
Here are the tickets that will fix the multiple instances issues.

http://issues.liferay.com/browse/SOS-1179
http://issues.liferay.com/browse/SOS-1342