Foren

Dynamic Data Lists: Documents and Media component dysfunctional?

Michal Rajniak, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Dynamic Data Lists: Documents and Media component dysfunctional?

Junior Member Beiträge: 25 Beitrittsdatum: 28.05.12 Neueste Beiträge
Hello,
the documents and media component of dynamic data lists appears (to us) to be dysfunctional for all users without Administrator role.
Two of our people spent considerable time trying to get this working, including debugging in code - without success. I don't believe such issue would go unnoticed by the community for long, so I'm still suspecting some silly mistake or assumption on our part.

THE ISSUE:
Reproducing the issue takes about 2 minutes: create a DDL definition, add Documents and Media component to it. Try to use the component (i.e. try to pick a document from Documents Library with it) as non-Administrator user. The futile attempt results in an error message as shown in attachment.

Problem is present in Liferay 6.1.1 with both Tomcat and Glassfish.
PS: I created a liferay issue which provides detailed steps to reproduce the issue http://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-29817. However, i fear the jira issue will die a premature death, so I'm reposting the problem here.
thumbnail
Samuel Kong, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

RE: Dynamic Data Lists: Documents and Media component dysfunctional?

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 1902 Beitrittsdatum: 10.03.08 Neueste Beiträge
Looks like you need to add the

Control Panel: Site >> Web Content >> View

permission to make it work. I agree that this behavior is weird since what you're trying to do has nothing to do with web content.
Michal Rajniak, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Junior Member Beiträge: 25 Beitrittsdatum: 28.05.12 Neueste Beiträge
Thanks for the quick reply and solution.

For the sake of others following in my footsteps, I hope this issue won't go unfixed.
Marco Codeluppi, geändert vor 10 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 19 Beitrittsdatum: 04.04.11 Neueste Beiträge
Hello,

I go through the portal following the instruction, in: Control Panel: Site (mysite) >> Web Content >> View

but I can't find the column "view" on the WEB CONTENT.

Where am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

Marco Codeluppi