Foren

How to add custom pages/portlets to a Social Office site

thumbnail
Tom Zeng, geändert vor 15 Jahren.

How to add custom pages/portlets to a Social Office site

Junior Member Beiträge: 51 Beitrittsdatum: 08.10.06 Neueste Beiträge
Hi,
I downloaded 1.0b1 and got it up and running (with hsqldb, couldn't find mysql and other db scripts). The interface looks pretty simple and clean. I noticed that each new site has a set of predefined pages(Home, Calendar, Documents, Forums, Blog, Wiki), and I couldn't figure out how to add a new page or add portlets to an existing page, is it designed this way or just something planned in the future release?

Thanks,
Tom
thumbnail
Bryan Cheung, geändert vor 15 Jahren.

RE: How to add custom pages/portlets to a Social Office site

Expert Beiträge: 373 Beitrittsdatum: 27.08.04 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Tom,

For the time being Social Office has a fixed set of pages. We definitely to allow incorporation of external applications or additional portlets / widgets, but we want to do it in an intuitive way. Your suggestions on this are welcome.
Timothy Overly, geändert vor 15 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 4 Beitrittsdatum: 07.12.08 Neueste Beiträge
I also have this Social Office up and running and am looking to at portlets for some custom features. Just thought I would voice my desire for this feature. ;-)
Timothy Overly, geändert vor 15 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 4 Beitrittsdatum: 07.12.08 Neueste Beiträge
Oh, I also would be happy to offer things I would like to see, I am just not sure where/how would be the best place for these.
thumbnail
Bryan Cheung, geändert vor 15 Jahren.

Expert Beiträge: 373 Beitrittsdatum: 27.08.04 Neueste Beiträge
Timothy Overly:
Oh, I also would be happy to offer things I would like to see, I am just not sure where/how would be the best place for these.

Hi Tim,

Perhaps you can start a thread called "Social Office Wishlist."
Indiver Nehru Dammalapati, geändert vor 14 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 4 Beitrittsdatum: 25.05.09 Neueste Beiträge
Hi,

I had the same issue. I want to change the default themes . I saw the plugins available for dowload in profile page of admin.i.e in portal tab. I downloaded some of the plugins in Social Office but they are not effecting to my Social Office Application. Even i tried to change the default theme by downloading other theme plugins but in vain. Can we add the portlets and theme plugins in Social Office. Any suggestions ?.