Foren

where are all the themes?

Rainer Schick, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

where are all the themes?

New Member Beiträge: 3 Beitrittsdatum: 28.09.12 Neueste Beiträge
Hello,
I'm very new to Liferay and so before developing own themes I want to try some existing themes. I often find such statements as:
"NOTE: Although Liferay comes with many bundled themes, there are also a vast number of themes contributed to Liferay Portal from the community."
but where are all these contributed themes and where are the themes bundled with Liferay, I only see 4 themes bundled with Liferay and also 4 in the marketplace?
Regards,
Rainer
thumbnail
Elijah Mangason, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

RE: where are all the themes?

Junior Member Beiträge: 65 Beitrittsdatum: 14.05.12 Neueste Beiträge
Good question! I would also like to know where the "several themes bundled with Liferay" are. Can anyone elucidate?
Bradley Wood, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Piña Kanpokaldean, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Junior Member Beiträge: 79 Beitrittsdatum: 14.04.12 Neueste Beiträge
While it's fine to aim for quality, I can't understand the decision of removing all the existing themes to leave only 4. And I say this because the vast amount of community themes is one of the reasons for using Liferay.

I'll elaborate. I have a meeting with my boss, who originally wants to use Wordpress due to the number of templates available online for free. I suggest using Liferay instead, as it's nice and blah, blah, blah, plus it also has as many themes made by the community. I invite him to check and promise to send him a link to a number of them, which would be inmediately available. So I get home, check liferay site... and there are 4. Even if I can get a bunch of them (not that many) from the code, make a war of them and deploy locally, I still can't point anyone to see them unless they see my own screen.

Is there really no place to browse and download community themes now, while the official ones are being revamped?