Foren

Document Library and Jackrabbit

thumbnail
Jaime Israel Ramírez Hernández, geändert vor 15 Jahren.

Document Library and Jackrabbit

Regular Member Beiträge: 115 Beitrittsdatum: 14.04.08 Neueste Beiträge
Hello!

I'm giving a try to SO and it seems pretty good, the features I like the most are the integration with MS Office and the minimalistic user interface, great job!!!

I have two questions about the document library:

1.- Is there a way to integrate it with Open Office?, Is there any documentation about?, I'm using Ubunto 8.10 with Open Office 2.4 and can't find a way to integrate it emoticon

2.- Where are the documents stored?, I see there's a folder inside ${user}/liferay called document_library but it only has two folders and no files inside. The jackrabbit folder only has the repository.xml file, I tried to edit it so the documents get stored on data base but the tables weren't created emoticon

SO seems like it's becoming a great software, good job guys! emoticon

P.d. I'm using Google Chrome and the smileys panel doesn't seem to work... there also seems to be less buttons o_O.
thumbnail
Bryan Cheung, geändert vor 15 Jahren.

RE: Document Library and Jackrabbit

Expert Beiträge: 373 Beitrittsdatum: 27.08.04 Neueste Beiträge
Hi Jaime,

An OpenOffice plug in is in the works that would allow you to integrate with OpenOffice.

Thanks for your feedback!
thumbnail

Excelent!!!! I'm looking forward for it emoticon

Is the document library configurable in the way it stores the files?, because I tried configuring it like the portal but it didn't work emoticon.
thumbnail

Hi Jaime,

How did you attempt the configuration of the document library, through portal.properties?
thumbnail

Bryan Cheung:
Hi Jaime,

How did you attempt the configuration of the document library, through portal.properties?

Hi Bryan:

No, I did it through the repository.xml file in ${home}/liferay/jackrabbit directory, is there any documentation on how to do it through the portal.properties???

Thanks!!! emoticon
thumbnail

Sorry, Jaime, not sure how to help you on this one.
thumbnail

No problem Bryan, thank you very much anyway.

Right now I'm configuring portal version 5.2, I was reading all the portal.properties in the portal-impl.jar and found:

##
## JCR
##

jcr.initialize.on.startup=false

jcr.workspace.name=liferay
    jcr.node.documentlibrary=documentlibrary

jcr.jackrabbit.repository.root=${resource.repositories.root}/jackrabbit
    jcr.jackrabbit.config.file.path=${jcr.jackrabbit.repository.root}/repository.xml
    jcr.jackrabbit.repository.home=${jcr.jackrabbit.repository.root}/home
    jcr.jackrabbit.credentials.username=none
    jcr.jackrabbit.credentials.password=none

I seems to me that there's no way to configure it to use database so tomorrow I'll try to configure the repository.xml and see if it works, if it does then we'll use portal instead of social office (we already have our intranet with version 5.0.1 but it doesn't seem to have the integration with office so well use 5.2 instead).

By the way, how is that plugin for the integration with open office going?

Greetings and thanks!!!!!
thumbnail

Hi Jaime,

Try this—but I haven't gotten it to work properly.
Markuz Lindgren, geändert vor 15 Jahren.

New Member Beiträge: 5 Beitrittsdatum: 12.02.09 Neueste Beiträge
Hi,

I'm trying to use the OO-plugin too. It is not working with OO 3.0

But according to the Mirage-project the old plugin is not stable and only tested with OO 2.3 & 2.4
Sun is apparently working on their own plugin to work with their newly released Glassfish Webspace Server (former Web Synergy project). This will be included in their licenced version of Webspace...
thumbnail

Markuz Lindgren:
Hi,

I'm trying to use the OO-plugin too. It is not working with OO 3.0

But according to the Mirage-project the old plugin is not stable and only tested with OO 2.3 & 2.4
Sun is apparently working on their own plugin to work with their newly released Glassfish Webspace Server (former Web Synergy project). This will be included in their licenced version of Webspace...

Hi Markuz,

You're correct that it's currently only working with 2.4. Regarding the development plan, that's interesting—does that mean it won't be open sourced?

Suns OO-plugin will be part of their Enterprise solution. If they release the code as open source, I don't know.
Anyone who likes to work on the existing plugin are welcome to join Project Mirage (https://mirage.dev.java.net/)

Hi,

just new information that the OpenOffice plugin will still be open source and bundled with Sun Web Space Server.
I think Sun are still a bit unsure themselfs about what will be and what will not be in their releases. Time will tell and their bundle is still the first official release. In some upgrades and fixes we'll probably get more answers.