Foren

Document Library: "There are no documents in this folder"

thumbnail
lou cat, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

Document Library: "There are no documents in this folder"

Regular Member Beiträge: 196 Beitrittsdatum: 26.01.12 Neueste Beiträge
Hi all!

I'm using Document Library in 6.0.6 and I've noticed it shown the above message ("There are no documents in this folder") even if the folder contains subfolders.
It doesn't make much sense: if the folder is totally empty I'd like to have this message but if the folder contains subfolders, I don't care if there are no documents and I find the message confusing.

Just wanted to know if this is a behaviour others noticed and if the only way to change it is creating a JSP hook... I would consider it a bug but I hope it's not a problem of the new "Document and Media library" and I'm sure no one would spend too much time on the old portlet.

Thanks!
thumbnail

RE: Document Library: "There are no documents in this folder"

So... I'm trying to have a look at all the Document Library JSPs to understand if I can remove this behaviour with a hook, but I'm confused by so many files and I'm starting to think that is not the place to look at.
Any suggestion?

Also another behaviour that I would like to change is this: in the Document Display there is a back-to link in order to navigate the folder structure... that's fine, but I don't understand why it allows to come backwards and see the parent folders of the one chosen as "root"!!
I think if we are displaying the Root folder, the back-to link shouldn't be visible, and it's useful only if we drill down more.
Does anyone know how to change this?

... or are you all using the new "document & media library" super happily and don't have this kind of problems?emoticon
thumbnail

updates:

I solved the 2nd problem of the back-to link adding in view.jsp this check:

<c:if test="<%= folder.getFolderId()!=defaultFolderId %>">

before showing the back-to link (<portlet:renderURL var="backURL">).

But still no clues on the first question: how to remove the emptyResultsMessage="there-are-no-documents-in-this-folder" if the folder contains sub-folders?
thumbnail

I've found out that in view_file_entries.jspf I can use the mergedView (or at least the code relative to it) to let it consider both folders and files.
There are two variables, total and results, and if results considers the folders as well, it won't show the empty-message as I wanted... BUT it will show these folders twice!!
So if I'm showing 2 subfolders, results= 2 , I will have a total of 4 folders displayed!

1) I think there's a loop in some java class whose counter has doubled, and I should change that implementation, if I knew where it is... does anyone knows?

2) I was also wondering: what is this "mergedView" and how can I set it as true?