Foren

6.1.1 GA2 upgrade not allowing site permissions

Karen Smallwood, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

6.1.1 GA2 upgrade not allowing site permissions

New Member Beiträge: 4 Beitrittsdatum: 17.05.10 Neueste Beiträge
Went from 6.1.0 to 6.1.1 GA2 to address search issues. Everything has worked fine, except my standard users cannot get to all of the sites.

We have one open site that has public pages and three other sites that are restricted with private pages. Before, all of the sites they were associated with would show up in the dock. Now, just the open site will show. If I type in the url of the other sites, it tells me "The requested resource was not found.". There is no error being thrown to the server, so I can only assume it's a permission issue in LR. Interestingly, if I give the user edit permissions, then all is well (any editor able user or administrator can see everything). I obviously don't want my standard users having edit permissions.

Anyone have any ideas? We don't use staging, that was my first thought, but all the sites are still not staged. I'm stumped.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

RE: 6.1.1 GA2 upgrade not allowing site permissions

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 14914 Beitrittsdatum: 02.09.06 Neueste Beiträge
Actually I would say that you actually had encountered errors during the upgrade process that you probably ignored. Redo your upgrade and look for errors in the upgrade and resolve those.

It's usually a good idea to reindex the indexes after an upgrade too, just in case.
Karen Smallwood, geändert vor 11 Jahren.

RE: 6.1.1 GA2 upgrade not allowing site permissions

New Member Beiträge: 4 Beitrittsdatum: 17.05.10 Neueste Beiträge
I did receive errors. But they were about pdfs with bad headers, which was completely expected. No permission errors or anything of the sort. I've run and re-run this upgrade at least 20 times at this point looking for any clue. I've reindexed as well each time. The only clues at the moment are giving the user edit permission, or, something I've been trying to avoid for the last few years, moving permission algorithms. If I migrate, then my user can see what they are supposed to, but I'm then stuck with 20,000+ site user roles (I'm not exaggerating, it was over 20,000 because I was thinking how in the heck I could delete all of those manually). I cannot, then, open anything to adjust permission because the javascript times out loading the 20,000+ roles.

Perhaps I should change the name of this thread to how to deal with a permission algorithm upgrade or how to get rid of the 20,000+ site roles the migration creates? Ideas on that are also very welcome!!

Modified:
I decided to just go with the algorithm change, as much as it pains me. I haven't done it yet, but will use the new roles created to back track permission for documents/media and journal entries, etc and then I will delete the excess roles from role_,roles_permissions and group_role.
For anyone else who was stuck years ago with algorithm 2, this is what you will deal with in upgrade.