Kombinierte Ansicht Flache Ansicht Baumansicht
Threads [ Zurück | Nächste ]
toggle
Cleydyr de Albuquerque
Translation of web contents and asset ordering
4. Februar 2013 10:20
Antwort

Cleydyr de Albuquerque

LIFERAY STAFF

Rang: New Member

Nachrichten: 4

Eintrittsdatum: 8. März 2012

Neue Beiträge

Hi, everyone.

I've got a question about the way we persist the translation of web contents (JournalArticle) and how it affects sorting in the Asset Publisher portlet. The titles of the web contents are stored as strings in xml format and all its translations are stored in the same column inside xml. The point is: when we set the Asset Publisher portlet to list entries ordered by title, the ordering is not obeyed if there is an article whose title has at least one alternative translation. That's because the entries are sorted when querying the database in the method , so the xml string (instead of the localized title) is being used to compare titles.

How could we get rid of this unwanted behavior?

Thanks.
Jorge Ferrer
RE: Translation of web contents and asset ordering
4. Februar 2013 06:48
Antwort

Jorge Ferrer

LIFERAY STAFF

Rang: Liferay Legend

Nachrichten: 2764

Eintrittsdatum: 31. August 2006

Neue Beiträge

Hi Cleydyr,

Yeah, that's a known bug. The ordering by title should have been removed in 6.1 when the ability to translate the title was added.

We may be able to add it back for 6.2 if the asset publisher backend is rewritten to use the indexer.
Cleydyr de Albuquerque
RE: Translation of web contents and asset ordering
4. Februar 2013 11:46
Antwort

Cleydyr de Albuquerque

LIFERAY STAFF

Rang: New Member

Nachrichten: 4

Eintrittsdatum: 8. März 2012

Neue Beiträge

Anyway, it would be good if a workaround could be provided while the new version of Liferay Portal is not released.

Thanks.
Hitoshi Ozawa
RE: Translation of web contents and asset ordering
4. Februar 2013 15:29
Antwort

Hitoshi Ozawa

Rang: Liferay Legend

Nachrichten: 7949

Eintrittsdatum: 23. März 2010

Neue Beiträge

Looking at the time of your initial and 2nd posts, it seems you probably went back and edited the initial post. Date/time is the last update time.

initial:
February 4, 2013 10:20 AM

second:
February 4, 2013 10:27 AM